No announcement yet.

Mainstream Media’s Biggest Lie; This Is Why NBC's Brian Williams Should Resign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mainstream Media’s Biggest Lie; This Is Why NBC's Brian Williams Should Resign

Must Read: Mainstream Media’s Biggest Lie; This Is Why NBC's Brian Williams Should Resign

Birther Report

2/5/2015

Excerpts:

The Mainstream Media’s Biggest Lie of All
    BRIAN WILLIAMS TO OBAMA: “AN AMERICAN BORN CHRISTIAN”
    by Sharon Rondeau

(Feb. 5, 2015) — On Thursday afternoon, Twitterers were discussing the recent revelations made by and about NBC News anchor Brian Williams, who fabricated a story about being in a helicopter which was allegedly shot at in Baghdad, Iraq in 2003.

Williams told actor Alec Baldwin in a 2013 interview that he “briefly” “thought he would die” when the helicopter allegedly endured “rounds coming into the airframe.”

WNYC, which carried the interview, states on its website under Baldwin’s photo:

As a kid, Brian Williams grew up in a CBS household. Dinner didn’t start until Cronkite was done. He didn’t think journalism was attainable, but his work ethic and blue blazer opened doors. From White House intern to young television reporter, Williams eventually found his way back to New York. On the job, Williams keeps his opinions quiet. Off the clock, Williams still enjoys vestiges of his youth: NASCAR and Spam.

As with Obama’s life story, Williams’s account of the “incident” changed over the years as he retold it.

On Wednesday, Stars & Stripes reported exclusively that members of the 159th Aviation Regiment came forward to contest Williams’s longstanding claim of having been in the helicopter which was hit by rocket-propelled grenades on March 23, 2003.

It is unclear why it took almost a dozen years for the false narrative to be outed. One of the men involved in the attack was quoted as having said, “Over the years it faded, and then to see it last week it was — I can’t believe he is still telling this false narrative.”

Many Americans have lost faith in a media which to them, appears to be failing in its mission “to report the news fully, accurately, and fairly,” according to Gallup.com in September 2012. The First Amendment in the Bill of Rights cites the necessity and responsibility of a free press acting as a watchdog on government.

In 2007, a little-known, first-term U.S. Senator, Barack Hussein Obama, declared himself a candidate for president after stating the year before that he desired nothing more than to finish his term in the Senate. MSNBC’s Chris Matthews stated on air that Obama was “born in Indonesia,” and various AP and U.S. news accounts reported that Obama was born in Kenya.

The U.S. Constitution requires the president and commander-in-chief to be a “natural born Citizen,” which most Americans understand to mean “born in the United States.” Historical evidence suggests that it not only included the person’s birthplace, but also the citizenship of the parents to assure undivided loyalty to the nation.

U.S. representatives and senators are required to be simply “Citizens” and residents of the states they wish to represent, along with minimum respective age requirements.

Matthews also described Obama as having “an Islamic background” and speculating if Democrat primary contender Hillary Clinton would raise it as an issue in her quest for the nomination.

Will Hoover of The Honolulu Advertiser reported in January 2006 that Obama was born in Indonesia. From 1991 to April 2007, Obama’s literary agent reported that he was “born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii.”

On August 29, 2010, Williams interviewed Obama about the devastation of Hurricane Katrina five years later, the BP oil spill, the economy, and other topics, “Since you weighed into the Islamic Center near Ground Zero controversy, it — it’s gotten larger. It’s been nationalized, the debate. Will you revisit that topic?” to which Obama responded, “Well, look, I think my statement at the IFTAR dinner in the White House was very clear. And that is — is that if you can build a church on that site. If you can build a synagogue on that site or a Hindu Temple on that site, then we can’t treat people of the Islamic faith differently, who are Americans, who are American citizens. That is central to who we are. That is a core value of our Constitution. And my job as President is to make sure in part that we’re upholding our Constitution.”

Williams then responded:

Respectfully, the next day in Florida, you seemed to walk that back. So —

and Obama’s reply was:

No, I — actually, let — let me be clear, Brian. I didn’t walk it back at all. The — what I said was I was not endorsing any particular project. I was endorsing our Constitution. And what is right. Now, the media, I think — anticipating that this was going to be be a firestorm politically — seemed to think that somehow there was inconsistency and there wasn’t. And I was very specific to my team and will be very specific to you now. That the core value and principle that every American is treated the same. That doesn’t change.

I mean, think about it — I — at this IFTAR dinner I had — Muslim Americans who had been in uniform fighting in Iraq. Some of whom have served over 20 years. How — how can you say to them that somehow their religious faith is less worthy of respect under our Constitution and our system of government? You know, that’s — that’s something that I feel very strongly about. I respect the feelings on the other side. And I would defend their right to express them just as fiercely.

to which Williams then said:

Mr. President, you’re an American born Christian.

to which Obama answered in the affirmative.

Williams then told Obama that “just about” one-fifth of Americans at that time believed that Obama was a Muslim. Obama then responded with, “Keep in mind, those two things — American born and Muslim — are not the same. So — but I understand your point.”

Williams answered, “Either or the latter, and the most recent number is the latter. This has to be troubling to you. This is, of course, all new territory for an American President,” and Obama responded in part with, “…the facts are the facts, right?”

During a 2008 interview with ABC’s George Stephanopoulos, after Obama mentioned “my Muslim faith,” Stephanopoulos quickly responded, “Your Christian faith.”

On September 25, 2012, the same day on which a report was feverishly prepared by a U.S. Army Reserve officer falsely incarcerated in a federal civilian prison regarding sources of terrorist funding known to the Obama regime but not halted, Obama addressed the United Nations and said, in part:

The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam. Yet to be credible, those who condemn that slander must also condemn the hate we see when the image of Jesus Christ is desecrated, churches are destroyed, or the Holocaust is denied. Let us condemn incitement against Sufi Muslims, and Shiite pilgrims. It is time to heed the words of Gandhi: “Intolerance is itself a form of violence and an obstacle to the growth of a true democratic spirit.” Together, we must work towards a world where we are strengthened by our differences, and not defined by them. That is what America embodies, and that is the vision we will support.

At the National Prayer Breakfast on Wednesday, speaking of Obama said of the “hijacking” of religion which morphs into violence that “In our home country, slavery and Jim Crow all too often was justified in the name of Christ.” The Prime Minister of Sudan, Ali Karti, who led the Sudanese Popular Defense Force (PDF) which carried out genocide in the western Sudan region of Darfur, was an invited guest of the White House at the breakfast.

In Obama’s Air Force, the simple invocation of the name of Christ is now taboo, and Obama has acknowledged only that “ISIS and other Islamic groups seek to murder those who do not worship Allah.”

Of Karti’s invitation, the Center for Security Policy’s Chief Africa Analyst Nicholas Hanlon wrote in The Washington Times:

Watch the news coverage of the National Prayer Breakfast. Will the press challenge our government for their approval of Mr. Karti? Will well-meaning religious observers be duped into the same tacit acceptance of one of this generations greatest monsters?

Obama has not termed the mass murders in Iraq and Syria carried out by the Islamic State, also known as ISIL or ISIS, as genocide and has avoided the association of “Islam” with the barbaric terrorist group.

Left-leaning Yahoo! News and CNN have attempted to produce plausible reasons for why Williams might have presented a false narrative about his ever-changing story.

In December, The Huffington Post reported that Williams had renewed his contract with NBC News, for which he would consequently anchor the “Nightly News” program “for years to come,” earning $10 million annually.

Dan Rather, whose career at CBS News ended when he insisted that the underlying story to apparently fraudulent documents pertaining to George W. Bush’s National Guard service still had merit, has said that Williams is “an honest, decent man.”

Rather also reasoned that “no one had ever established that the documents were forged.”
    .................................................. ......

And Brian Williams is still earning $10 million a year as a few truth-seekers continue their work, unpaid.

© 2015, The Post & Email. All rights reserved. Source link.
    - http://www.thepostemail.com/2015/02/...st-lie-of-all/

View the complete Birther Report presentation at:

http://www.birtherreport.com/2015/02...ggest-lie.html
    Last edited by bsteadman; 02-06-2015, 05:43 PM.
    B. Steadman

Someone in the mainstream media is finally being held accountable for lying about what happened in Iraq?

The mainstream media has been lying about what happened in Iraq war for nearly 14 years now.

I'm not sure why we Americans are picking on Brian Williams.

Comment

Working...
    X