Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ITB - Yahoo News Goes Birther: Reports Obama Won't Stop By Kenya His Country Of Birth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ITB - Yahoo News Goes Birther: Reports Obama Won't Stop By Kenya His Country Of Birth

Yahoo News Goes Birther: Reports Obama Won't Stop By Kenya His Country Of Birth

Birther Report

6/21/2013

Excerpt:

Freudian Slip: Yahoo News Goes Birther; Reports Obama Won't Stop By Kenya His Country Of Birth

By Rachel Rose Hartman @ Yahoo News via Free Republic

President Barack Obama makes the first extended trip to Africa of his presidency next week—but he won't be stopping in the country of his birth.

Obama's weeklong trip—June 26-July 3—which he's taking with his wife, Michelle, and daughters Sasha and Malia, as well as with members of his economic and trade team, is to signal America's interest in trade, democracy and economic development in Africa. He will visit Senegal, South Africa and Tanzania.

"We see Africa as one of the most important emerging regions in the world," deputy national security adviser for strategic communications Ben Rhodes told reporters on a conference call Friday. He added that the administration sees "growing economic opportunities [in the continent] for increased trade and investment" by U.S. businesses. [...] - Yahoo News @ Free Republic.

Note: Yahoo News has since changed the sentence to read, "but he won't be stopping in his ancestral homeland."

View the complete Birther Report presentation at:

http://obamareleaseyourrecords.blogs...rts-obama.html
    B. Steadman

Funny Stuff: Twitter Mob Calls For Head Of Yahoo! News’ ‘Birther’ White House Reporter

Birther Report

6/22/2013

Excerpt:

Twitter mob calls for head of Yahoo! News’ ‘birther’ White House reporter
    By Twitchy Staff

After Yahoo! News White House reporter Rachel Rose Hartman “outed” herself earlier this evening as a birther with a piece referring to President Obama’s African country of origin, her Twitter feed has been quiet. She might be away from the computer (it happens), or she might have gone into hiding until Yahoo! finds some way to blame Fox News for the error. Liberal news outlets are used to letting things like this blow over, but Hartman compounded her sin by addressing the cost of the first family’s Africa trip.

Full disclosure: we at Twitchy have no idea what happened at Yahoo! News or who was responsible for the correction. But it takes only a simple Google search to turn up an article by Hartman, published in 2011, in which she takes on birthers head on and notes that Obama “has faced a relentless campaign questioning his U.S. citizenship — and thereby the legitimacy of his presidency — that has disregarded the facts.” [emphasis added] [...]- Continued at Twitchy. Some pretty insane Twitter reactions at link.

View the complete Birther Report presentation at:

http://obamareleaseyourrecords.blogs...t-birther.html
    B. Steadman

Comment

Free Republic is running a thread titled, 'Obama birthplace mistake: Yahoo! News declines comment', which was started 6/22/2013 by 'Seizethecarp'

The thread references a 6/22/2013 Washington Post article written by Erik Wemple - http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...lines-comment/

View the complete Free Republic thread at:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3034481/posts

Excerpt:

Rachel Rose Hartman, a White House reporter for Yahoo! News, couldn’t possibly have missed the “birther” story. It was unavoidable, after all, for an unhealthy chunk of the president’s first term.

Yet: In her story yesterday on Obama’s Africa trip, Hartman managed to say that “he won’t be stopping in the country of his birth.” From the context of the story, it’s clear she was referring to Kenya.

The Erik Wemple Blog has a number of questions for Yahoo! Newsers:

1) How on earth?

2) Did someone forget that the president of the United States needs to be born in the United States (or fulfill other constitutional requirements)?*

Updated (4:50 p.m.): A parenthetical was added to the post to fully account for the ways to qualify for presidential eligibility.

By being so touchy about Barry's birth location, Wemple, aren't you betraying a personal lack of lack of confidence in where he was born?

Many WaPo commenters display a similar touchiness and lack of confidence...

Commenters also debate the "parenthetical" that Wemple added that implies that birth on US soil might NOT be necessary and claim that Cruz will be excused by hypocritical GOPers...or so they believe.

Someone at WaPo might have reminded Wemple that McCain was not born in the US and the Senate passed a non-binding resolution declaring he was an NBC.

1 posted on Saturday, June 22, 2013 9:59:34 PM by Seizethecarp

To: Seizethecarp

I confess. When first reading the Yahoo article I completely missed the point about Kenya. I’m so used to thinking of Kenya rather than Hawaii as Obama’s birthplace that I just read right past it.

7 posted on Saturday, June 22, 2013 10:08:31 PM by InterceptPoint (If I had a tag line this is where you would find it)

To: Seizethecarp

In the 1990’s the Chicago newspapers wrote often about their Kenyan born senator. Several people have posted the articles here on FR. Back then there was no effort for the Obama klan to correct the statements....mmmmmmmm....

11 posted on Saturday, June 22, 2013 10:16:27 PM by vetvetdoug

To: edge919; thecodont

The airport, train depot, port, and hospital are all located very close. They were built during WWII by the British to enable troop and supply delivery

Both the train from Nairobi to Mombasa and large vans were/are used by locals

At the time of his birth British Air had a flight from Mombasa to Vancouver with a stop in Glasgow. Missionaries , soldiers and students were allowed to fly free if the plane was not filled.

Intensive research was done on the subject years ago

44 posted on Sunday, June 23, 2013 12:21:02 AM by hoosiermama (Obama: "Born in Kenya" Lying now or then!)
      - (color emphasis added)

To: MayflowerMadam; donmeaker; Seizethecarp

"I saw the movie, “Dreams From My Real Father”, which used this as a theme."

I saw that film and sent copies of it to several people as well. I found the narrative cogent and compelling. Pause the video at 2:20 and compare the side-by-side images of the two.

There are posters to this forum who analyze the number of leis an Aloha participant is wearing, who nonetheless dismiss this disturbing anomaly for some reason.

"Bottom line: We’ll never know the truth while on this earth."

I'm not so sure. I've been following this subject pretty much daily over the last 2+ years, and I'm seeing some pretty encouraging signs lately, particularly with regard to the solid findings of the Cold Case Posse. I refer of course to their ownership of a 40-page report produced by a certified forensic document examiner detailing the conclusion arrived at, that the image displayed on our WH servers is a patent forgery.

With the conjunction of the recent scandalanche, plus Benghazi still drip, drip, dripping, dude's image could very well be getting softened up to the point that, when the true bombshell is delivered, that this man and his cohorts conspired (YES!) to steal the very Presidency of the US, the public may actually grasp what has happened and be prepared to go all the way through with holding the conspirators accountable.

Either the Constitution and Rule of Law matter and are salvageable, or the Republic is lost. there is no in-between ground, IMNSVHO.

52 posted on Sunday, June 23, 2013 5:17:53 AM by Flotsam_Jetsome (No more usurpers.)
      Last edited by bsteadman; 06-23-2013, 02:01 PM.
      B. Steadman

Comment

Obama Kenya Birthplace Error: Yahoo News Reporter Tweeting Again Following Hunt By Angry Twitter Mob

International Business Times

Christopher Zara
        6/24/2013

Excerpt:

The usefulness of the angry Twitter mob is one that bears occasional reexamination.

Over the weekend, a Twitter flare-up erupted after Yahoo News posted a story about President Barack Obama’s trip to Africa. In its opening sentence, the story by White House reporter Rachel Rose Hartman explained that the trip wouldn’t include a visit to Kenya, which Hartman referred to as “the country of his birth.”

Yahoo later issued a correction, changing the term to “ancestral homeland,” but not before several news sites picked up the error and ran with it. Some like the Huffington Post posted a pre-correction screenshot of the article.

Given the rampant conspiracy theories regarding Obama’s citizenship -- a debacle that prompted the president to publicly reveal his long-form birth certificate in 2011 -- it’s not surprising that the error would attract its share of controversy. But the sheer amount of social media furor hurled in Hartman’s direction is notable nonetheless.

Following the article’s publication on Friday, a barrage of Twitter users posted angry tweets at Hartman. Most seemed certain that such a blatant display of factual inaccuracy could not be a simple mistake -- this despite the fact that Hartman herself has written in the past about the racial undertones of the so-called Birther debate. None of that mattered on Twitter, where the torch-and-pitchfork crowd labeled Hartman the Birther and called on Yahoo to fire her. Others were even less kind, using words like “bigot,” “disgrace,” “moron,” “incredibly stupid,” “shamelessly ignorant” and worse.

The tweets continued in that vein throughout much of the weekend.

View the complete article, including tweets, at:

http://www.ibtimes.com/obama-kenya-b...y-twitter-mob#
        B. Steadman

Comment

Working...
        X