Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tump Defends Supporter: ‘Wasn’t People From Sweden Who Blew Up the World Trade Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tump Defends Supporter: ‘Wasn’t People From Sweden Who Blew Up the World Trade Center

Tump Defends Supporter: ‘Wasn’t People From Sweden Who Blew Up the World Trade Center’

Mediaite

Alex Griswold
    9/20/2015

Excerpt:

Donald Trump defended the supporter who said Muslims were a “problem” in a Thursday town hall exchange, noting on CNN’s State of the Union that they blew up the World Trade Center.

Host Jake Tapper challenged Trump for not immediately denouncing the town hall participant. “This is raw, unvarnished, ignorant bigotry,” he said. “You are a leader, you are the frontrunner in the Republican race. Do you not have a responsibility to call out the hatred?”

“We could be politically correct, if you want, but certainly– are you trying to say we don’t have a problem?” asked Trump.

“I think everybody would agree,” he continued. “I have friends that are Muslims; they’re great people, amazing people, and most Muslims like most everything– these are fabulous people. But we certainly do have a problem. I mean, you have a problem throughout the world.”

“You have radicals that are doing things,” Trump continued. “It wasn’t people from Sweden that blew up the World Trade Center, Jake.”

Tapper continued to press him: “What if he said ‘We have a problem in this world, it’s called blacks.’ Would you have said something then?”

“Uh, no,” Trump said. “I would have probably just– I listened to his questions. I mean, who am I?”

View the complete article, including video, at:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/trump-def...-trade-center/
    Last edited by bsteadman; 09-20-2015, 08:36 PM.
    B. Steadman
Working...
X