• Show
Clear All

• Obama Campaign Redesigns American Flag -- Fox News, Todd Starnes

Obama Campaign Redesigns American Flag

Fox News

Todd Starnes
    9/19/2012

Excerpt:

"The Obama campaign is now selling copies of an American flag painting that replaces the 50 stars in a blue field with the president’s campaign logo.

“Our Stripes: Flag Print” is being promoted on the Obama campaign website. The screen print is designed by Ross Bruggink and Dan Olson.

The limited-edition print costs $35.

Another painting resembled an outline of the continental US. The “Our Stripes: Country Print” was designed to look like an American flag, too. Like the other painting, the stars representing the 50 states were removed and replaced with Obama’s campaign logo.

Reaction on social networking sites like Twitter and Facebook has been overwhelmingly negative.

“This is so offensive,” one reader wrote. “I don’t know why I’m shocked, but I am. This stoops to new lows.”

Another reader offered this assessment: “Once again, very shameful. This is a disgrace.

“And just what was wrong with the flag with the stars and stripes?” a Facebook reader wondered. “Why must Obama create his own flag?”

“A good number of my family, including me and my twin sons, have served under the flag,” another wrote. “This is so far beyond insulting. I can’t imagine anyone who considers themselfs a patriot voting for Obama. Who does he think he is?”

View the complete article, including images of the two 'Obama' flags, at:

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes...-of-obama.html
    B. Steadman

Obama’s flag reminds many Twitter users of U.S. consulate blood stains

Twitchy

Twitchy Staff
    9/20/2012

View the complete post at:

http://twitchy.com/2012/09/20/obamas...-blood-stains/
    B. Steadman

Comment

Obama store sells Obamerican flag

American Thinker

Thomas Lifson
      9/20/2012

Excerpt:

"I am shocked that the Obama store would sell a version of the American flag with the fifty stars replaced by the campaign's iconic O with flowing stripes across the bottom. But for 35 bucks you can get a "Screen print designed by Ross Bruggink and Dan Olson of Studio MPLS. Limited edition (250 units), hand-numbered, 24'' x 36'' and made in the USA."

Obviously, the people involved in the project never met (or don't give a damn about) anyone who fought for the American flag and remains passionate about the respect it deserves, nay demands. While the sensitivities if Muslims about a movie trailer are worthy of a full grovel, the feelings of people who regard the American flag as a sacred symbol matter not at all.

The ego and idolatry involved here are staggering. L'etat c'est moi comes to mind. There have been ample disturbing signs of a dear leader wannabe propaganda operation before, but actually defacing the symbol of the nation into the leader's cult is a new low."

View the complete article at:

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...ican_flag.html
      B. Steadman

Comment

Obama rainbow flag and personality cult

Conservative News and Views

Terry A. Hurlbut
        9/20/2012

Excerpt:

"Barack Obama has a new flag: the Obama Rainbow Flag. Like the earlier Obama face flag, it is a travesty of the American flag. But this time, Obama cannot and does not disavow it. Furthermore, the Obama rainbow flag has three symbols that should give anyone pause.

Obama rainbow flag design

The Obama rainbow flag has nine stripes instead of the original thirteen. The five red stripes are streaks, like red paint. Or maybe blood. Jim Hoft at Gateway Pundit said early this morning that the five red stripes look a lot like bloodstains. In fact Hoft compared them to the blood streaks that at least one American left on the wall of the US Consulate in Benghazi before he died there.

The four white stripes are not so much stripes as spaces between stripes. Again that evokes the streaks that a wounded man might make on a wall with his spread-out fingers.

The flag’s union (upper left-hand corner) has the worst change. The fifty stars on a blue field are missing. In their place is a light cyan capital O with a rainbow running along the bottom—the official logo of the Obama campaign.

Barack Obama does not even try to disavow the Obama rainbow flag. Three years ago, someone designed the Obama face flag, having seven red and six white stripes, with Obama’s face for a union. It sold on eBay until eBay administration de-listed it. But on March 14, 2012, the Democratic Party office in Leesburg, Florida, flew an Obama face flag beneath a proper US flag. A local veteran reminded the party leader sharply that the Obama face flag breaks the US Flag Code. The office took the flag down.

In contrast, Barack Obama offers the Obama rainbow flag for sale from the campaign’s online store. Price: $35. (CNAV will not link to the site. CNAV has a policy against handing out free advertising.) Todd Starnes, at Fox Radio, describes a second print, showing the Obama rainbow flag inside the outline of the continental USA.

The official title of the Obama rainbow flag: “Our stripes.” That is yet another mistake. Stripes are a symbol of struggle, and often of political punishment. So “Our stripes” could mean “Our struggle.” Or in German, Unser Kampf. Think how close that is to Mein Kampf.

Obama rainbow flag symbols

The Obama rainbow flag has a third symbol, in addition to bloodstains and Nazi-like “struggle,” that should alarm anyone. Revelation 4:3 describes Jesus sitting on His throne in heaven. Around his head: a rainbow. Could Obama have sought to imitate Jesus Christ all this time, and everyone missed the symbol of his campaign logo? But they did not miss it completely. Many supporters called him Messiah. Even at the most charitable, they meant a God-substitute.

MSN.com admitted, if snidely, that the Obama rainbow flag provoked anger and loathing. One commenter offered this:

I thought EACH red stripe was representing $1 TRILLION in national debt the incompetent HUSSEIN OBAMA (who does not believe in budgets) is spending. He has 4 stripes to his credit already, and is working on the fifth stripe. Man, how anyone can support this guy is beyond me!

David Harsanyi at Human Events included the Obama rainbow flag in his pictorial history of Obama cult symbols. Compared to some of the pictures, the Obama rainbow flag seems a trifle, only the latest outrage of American sensibilities. No President has ever built such an obvious personality cult while in office. (Arguably, Abraham Lincoln has a cult. But at least that cult, if cult it be, waited until after he was dead to spring up.)

CNAV said six months ago that the Obama face flag would not be the first defaced US flag that Obama, or his supporters, would create. With the Obama rainbow flag, CNAV claims vindication. Sometimes vindication is not so pleasant to claim. This is a prize example."

View the complete post at:

http://www.conservativenewsandviews....sonality-cult/
        B. Steadman

Comment

Working...
        X