• Show
Clear All

• Dem congressman plays 'birther' card on Cruz -- WND

Dem congressman plays 'birther' card on Cruz

He's 'Canadian and our Constitution requires an American'

WND

2/20/2014

Excerpt:

Remember all those questions about Barack Obama’s eligibility and the suggestions that if he’s not American, he’s not eligible to be president?

A Democrat member of Congress has acknowledged that the issue is legitimate.

Well, not really. What Rep. Alan Grayson, D-Fla., said in an interview was that Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, couldn’t be president because he’s Canadian.

Grayson’s comment came in an interview with MSNBC when he was asked who he thinks would win the GOP nomination for president in Florida.

“Since Ted Cruz is a Canadian and our Constitution requires an American to win, I’m pretty sure it’s not going to be Ted Cruz,” Grayson said.

Cruz has explained that he has held dual citizenship and is renouncing his Canadian citizenship.

The questions about Obama, however, linger as an ongoing, official law enforcement investigation has determined the “birth certificate” he released from the White House appears is a forgery.

The questions about Obama’s eligibility, nevertheless, have been publicly ridiculed by everyone from the White House on down.

Grayson said Cruz “represents the element of the Republican Party that’s trying to hasten the apocalypse.”

WND Founder and longtime news executive Joseph Farah, whose news organization has covered the dispute about Obama’s eligibility, said in a column he was amazed that Democrats have raise the issue regarding Cruz.

“I pointed out … that the media are on a campaign to ensure Sen. Ted Cruz never gets a chance to run for president. Why? Because, they claim or infer, he’s ineligible under the constitutional requirement to be a ‘natural born citizen,’” Farah wrote.

“It’s amazing given the media’s ridicule of those of us who posed the question and did six years of investigative work to try to determine Barack Obama’s eligibility – a question that has still not been answered, by the way, or even debated rationally on the facts we now know.”

Farah said it’s “precisely why it was so important to pay attention to the precedent Obama set by refusing to release his birth certificate for two years and then releasing one that was labeled fraudulent by the only law enforcement investigators who have examined it, as well as dozens of document experts.”

He said the questions that remain include where Obama was born, whether or not his Hawaii birth certificate is accurate and shows he is a “natural born citizen.”

Obama’s father, according to the document, was a Kenyan citizen, Farah said, and, therefore, “unable to confer ‘natural born citizen’ status on his son.”

Farah noted there are more unanswered questions about Obama:

Did he give up his status as an American citizen when he moved to Indonesia with his family? The U.S. government gave his mother specific instructions about how to protect her son’s basic citizenship while living in Indonesia. She was advised to homeschool him rather than enroll him in an Indonesian school. Did she listen? No.

Did Obama return and enroll in college as a “foreign student,” as many suspect? We don’t know. He has never released any college records.

But, most importantly, without an uncontested, clean, verified birth certificate, we not only don’t know where he was born but we don’t even know for certain who his parents were – and that is the key question when it comes to “natural born citizen” status.

He pointed out that during the publicity campaign for his first book, Obama even claimed to have been born in Kenya.

View the complete article, including video, at:

http://www.wnd.com/2014/02/dem-congr...-card-on-cruz/
    B. Steadman

Free Republic is running a thread titled, 'Dem congressman plays 'birther' card on Cruz (Alan Grayson hurl video)', which was started 2/21/2014 by 'Seizethecarp'

The thread references a 2/20/2014 WND article - http://www.wnd.com/2014/02/dem-congr...-card-on-cruz/

View the complete Free Republic thread at:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3125485/posts

Excerpts from comments in the thread:

To: LucyT; null and void; Cold Case Posse Supporter; Flotsam_Jetsome; circumbendibus; Fantasywriter; ...

ping to the vile Alan Grayson gleefully attacking Ted Cruz’s eligibility.

Note that, previously, IIRC, WND’s Farrah said he would not contest Cruz’s eligibility based on the precedent set by the certification of Barry’s election and by the forthrightness of Cruz regarding his birth circumstances (in contrast to ongoing deceptive behavior of Barry).

2 posted on Friday, February 21, 2014 10:47:57 AM by Seizethecarp (Defend aircraft from "runway kill zone" mini-drone helicopter swarm attacks: www.runwaykillzone.com)

To: Seizethecarp

Here is the summary of why Farrah believes that unlike Cruz (whose birth facts and circumstances are clear) there are still multiple issues regarding Barry:

“Why Obama’s eligibility is still important”

“Exclusive: Joseph Farah counters claims he’s a ‘hypocrite’ when it comes to Ted Cruz”

http://www.wnd.com/2014/01/why-obama...ill-important/

So what was my beef?

One problem has always been, and remains today, that we don’t know where he was born because he has never released an unchallenged birth certificate.

A second problem remains that even if the birth certificate is accurate and authentic, it still leaves open the question of his “natural born citizen” status because it states his father was a Kenyan citizen, unable to confer “natural born citizen” status on his son.

A third problem is that his listed mother was unable to confer that status on her son because she was a minor – too young. She hadn’t lived as a citizen in the country long enough. She later left for Indonesia and took her son with her to Indonesia where he was adopted by an Indonesian citizen.

So the question remains, even without an uncontested birth certificate, how did Obama become a “natural born citizen”?

end quote

7 posted on Friday, February 21, 2014 10:55:38 AM by Seizethecarp (Defend aircraft from "runway kill zone" mini-drone helicopter swarm attacks: www.runwaykillzone.com)

To: GregNH

“They all say he is eligible.”

Not from what I see. I see a lot of pointed questioning designed to put doubts in people’s minds.

I see the MSM as being “secure in the knowledge” that Barry was born in HI to a US citizen mom, circumstances that have been twice litigated in the electoral college to affirm eligibility for Barry (assuming those disputed facts are true).

11 posted on Friday, February 21, 2014 11:08:24 AM by Seizethecarp (Defend aircraft from "runway kill zone" mini-drone helicopter swarm attacks: www.runwaykillzone.com)

“And we have Hannity, Beck, Rush, and I think even Levin, all saying he is! I am dumbfounded. We have been screaming what an NBC is for 7 years and you are going to tell me none of them heard it?”

Note that last time I looked, the owner of this website has banned advocating on FR the “two-parent, US soil” NBC definition of MvH as a basis for declaring Ted Cruz to be ineligible.

That Vattel-aligned definition of NBC has been fully litigated in state court and SCOTUS has refused to cert any such cases and it has been resoundingly negated by the congressional certification of Barry as POTUS twice with no objections, despite having a UK subject as a father on the public record. The Barry precedent establishes that at a minimum so long as you are born on US soil to a US citizen mother you are eligible.

Whether Barry actually meets that precedent himself remains to be seen!

21 posted on Friday, February 21, 2014 12:53:08 PM by Seizethecarp (Defend aircraft from "runway kill zone" mini-drone helicopter swarm attacks: www.runwaykillzone.com)

To: DoodleDawg

Dems are pursuing a scorched-earth Alinski-Borking of all GOP candidates modelled after the non-stop negative framing of Romney that contributed to them winning the last election with no positive agenda at all.

Over on MSNBC the Dems have been attacking Christie non-stop for months even though he had no chance of winning the GOP primaries...simply because he was out-polling Hilarious in the early polls.

22 posted on Friday, February 21, 2014 12:58:57 PM by Seizethecarp (Defend aircraft from "runway kill zone" mini-drone helicopter swarm attacks: www.runwaykillzone.com)

To: DoodleDawg

Then wouldn’t Farrah have the same issue with Ted Cruz? His father was a Cuban national.”

The US Congress has nullified that interpretation of the Constitution twice with no objections in certifying the electoral college vote, so even though I personally object, it doesn’t matter what Farrah, and “two-citizen parent” NBC eligibility believers think, given that reaffirmed precedent.

28 posted on Friday, February 21, 2014 3:44:05 PM by Seizethecarp (Defend aircraft from "runway kill zone" mini-drone helicopter swarm attacks: www.runwaykillzone.com)

To: Red Steel

“Grayson belongs in an insane asylum.”

Fortunately, Grayson also attacks his own party members that are to his right...which is ALL of them!

29 posted on Friday, February 21, 2014 3:46:46 PM by Seizethecarp (Defend aircraft from "runway kill zone" mini-drone helicopter swarm attacks: www.runwaykillzone.com)

“I have maintained that the court has nor heard arguments to define NBC because the court has ruled in MvH. The court generally does not like to re-hash rulings.”

Not a single state or federal court has seen fit to rule that MvH definition of NBC is precedent (stare decisis) and neither has 100% of Congress. Both parties offered candidates in 2008 that violated MvH (and probably colluded to do so). So Barry’s public on the record birth narrative becomes precedent.

I am hoping that Arpaion and Zullo together can shake that narrative in a direction that upends that narrative and Barry’s eligibility. Screwing up Barry’s claim to eligibility is the only thing that I would regard to be “Universe Shattering” while certainly not “beyond imagination” (at least not beyond MY imagination!).

30 posted on Friday, February 21, 2014 3:53:02 PM by Seizethecarp (Defend aircraft from "runway kill zone" mini-drone helicopter swarm attacks: www.runwaykillzone.com)
    Last edited by bsteadman; 02-22-2014, 05:04 PM.
    B. Steadman

Comment

Working...
    X