Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Major Publisher: Astounding Ascent Of Trump; Obama BC; Birtherism Goes Mainstream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major Publisher: Astounding Ascent Of Trump; Obama BC; Birtherism Goes Mainstream

Major Publisher: Astounding Ascent Of Trump; Obama Birth Certificate; Birtherism Goes Mainstream?

Birther Report

9/11/2015

Excerpt:

The media still going bonkers over Birther Donald Trump's domination in the 2016 presidential polls.

Excerpt via Salon:

The Republican birther brigade really is one of the most astonishing political stories in recent years. What’s truly bewildering and newsworthy is that the birther ranks are apparently expanding and likely number in the millions nationwide. The fact that Republican frontrunner Donald Trump personally vouched for the baseless, anti-Obama conspiracy theory has only elevated its significance.

So why does the press continue to largely turn a blind eye to the telling spectacle?

Amidst the avalanche of news coverage and commentary about Trump’s campaign, the birther strain that runs through important parts of the Republican Party (the claim that Obama’s secretly a Kenya-born Muslim) has not been a focal point for Beltway reporters and pundits. The media’s birther blind spot is part of the larger press failure to grasp, and accurately detail, the truly radical nature of the Republican Party under President Obama.

For instance, since June 1, the New York Times has published approximately 180 articles or columns that included the word “Trump” five or more times, according to Nexis. But just a handful of those have made any mention of Trump’s previous birth certificate folly. The same goes for USA Today and the Los Angeles Times, for example: Nearly 180 detailed Trump articles and columns published since June between them, but just a few that have addressed the birther nonsense.

I’m not suggesting the topic has been completely ignored. But it is safe to say it’s not a priority issue for the press, which seems otherwise consumed with all things Trump. [...] Salon.

Here's some;

Major news publisher Mort Zuckerman (owner of New York Daily News and chairman of U.S. News & World Report) highlights Trump's quest for answers about Obama's suppressed background.

Excerpt via U.S. News & World Report:

Only Donald Trump can beat Donald Trump. Or so it seems as poll after poll shows the other 16 Republican wannabes making no impact at all. And nationally he is on the heels of Hillary Clinton – still the front-runner for the Democratic nomination and also clearly ahead in 2016 match-ups against former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, neurosurgeon Ben Carson, Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina and Ohio Gov. John Kasich. Yet her lead on Trump is only 2.4 percent, according to the RealClearPolitics average of polls, so he is closer than any other Republican save Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, who appeals to the Hispanic vote. Indeed. SurveyUSA recently had Trump leading Clinton 45-40 percent, a maverick result but still a straw in the wind.

This is astounding. Pause a moment to reflect how the world has changed. At the 2011 White House correspondents' dinner, President Barack Obama mocked Trump's notion that his birth certificate was a fake, quipping that the real estate tycoon could "finally get back to focusing on the issues that matter – like did we fake the moon-landing?" The audience roared with laughter as Trump sat stone-faced at his table and the tenor of the headlines was "Obama demolishes Trump." Now the joke is on us and the establishment is having the trouble you have with real jokes – you can't explain why the joke is funny. And look how deftly Trump deals now with a reminder of that misconceived birther witch-hunt: "I'm off that subject. I'm about jobs. I'm about the military. I'm about doing the right things for this country. I want to make our country great again." [...] U.S. News & World Report.

There's plenty more major news publishers citing Trump's flirtation with so-called birtherism.

Headline via The Washington Post:

View the complete Birther Report presentation at:

http://www.birtherreport.com/2015/09...ascent-of.html
    B. Steadman

" DONALD is our Trump card "

Comment

Working...
    X