• Show
Clear All

• Lord Monckton: Memo To Cameron; Leave Michael Shrimpton Alone; Egg On Face

Lord Monckton: Memo To Cameron; Leave Michael Shrimpton Alone; Egg On Face

Birther Report

4/23/2014

Excerpt:

MEMO TO CAMERON: LEAVE MICHAEL SHRIMPTON ALONE
    Exclusive: Lord Monckton on why prosecution of barrister will leave egg on PM's face
    Lord Christopher Monckton | WND

Every once in a while, the British Government decides to mount a monumentally stupid and fatally misconceived hate campaign against one of its citizens. It tried this on me some years ago. I fought back, demanding and getting a summons from the magistrates against the ministry that had foolishly aimed to give me a hard time. Heads rolled right across Whitehall. Since then I have been treated with greater circumspection – if not quite with affection.

Now They are at it again. This time Their target is Michael Shrimpton, an amiable barrister who had provoked the wrath of the security apparat, which theoretically answers to the home secretary but in practice reports directly to the prime minister.

No doubt Mr. Cameron reads my WND column avidly every week, as every well-informed and discriminating statesman does. So my advice, Dave, baby, is to watch out before you take on Mr. Shrimpton, who faces perhaps the least well-founded and certainly the most bizarre criminal charge of the century.

In the run-up to the London Olympics, which cost the taxpayer $40 billion he doesn’t have and, in the curious metric of government accounting, was accordingly dubbed a “success,” Mr. Shrimpton, who has peculiar friends in highish places, got wind of a plot to sail a redundant German submarine carrying a second-hand nuclear weapon up one of the rivers in the southeast of England and then to detonate it during the opening ceremony.

If the plot had succeeded, it would have made a mess of the Olympics, and of London as well. Mr. Shrimpton, convinced that the threat was real, did what it was surely his duty in common humanity to do. He contacted the appropriate ministry and reported what he had learned. His reward is to face prosecution for making what turned out to be an erroneous report.

As you will see from Jerry Corsi’s account of this nonsensical affair, Shrimpton has already appeared at Southwark Crown Court for a preliminary hearing. The judge, who plainly thought the prosecution were wasting everyone’s time, deferred the trial till November, in defiance of the provision in Magna Carta that the Crown will not delay justice to anyone.

The prosecution demanded that Mr. Shrimpton be subjected to a psychiatric examination. On the face of it, that was a curious thing for the attorney general to do. After all, if Mr. Shrimpton is what Mr. Cameron likes to call “a loony and a fruitcake,” he is not guilty by reason of insanity. Case dismissed. The judge turned down the prosecution’s request.

Now, I have no idea whether anyone had really planned to sail a nuke up the river and blow it up, but the idea has a kind of ghastly plausibility about it. As every terrorist knows, we share with your own nation the output of a couple of dozen military satellites which, among other things, monitor even the tiniest trace of weapons-grade nuclear radiation.

As the smarter terrorists know, 10 feet of water is all it takes to stop all neutron radiation dead. That’s why Britain does not keep its nukes in land-based silos where the satellites can see them, but under the sea out of detection range.

When I told Mr. Shrimpton about the shielding effect of ordinary water at the time, he was delighted, and promptly offered me the post of secretary of state for the environment in a government he said he was forming.

[...] Continued @ WND.

View the complete Birther Report presentation at:

http://www.birtherreport.com/2014/04...ron-leave.html
    B. Steadman
Working...
X