• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Bitshares Will Be Your Best Investment to Create Wealth

Steemit
    by 'nomadicsoul'
    3/13/2018

Excerpt:

Let me share a little bit about why I think Bitshares will be your best long-term investment…

Dan Larimer, the dude who created Bitshares with his father, Stan (you may know it as the first decentralized exchange… but it’s so much more), is a true visionary genius.

Obviously…’cause after creating Bitshares, he was a total superhuman and created Steemit too (the world's first decentralized social media platform).
    Does this guy ever sleep? Seriously. I want to know.

And if he already wasn’t unrelatable enough, he’s now working on his latest venture, EOS (the future operating system that all businesses will be built upon). If you don't see the trend here… I’ll let you borrow my grandma’s glasses. Just don’t tell her I took them.

The trend here is, the guy is a genius.

Those same blockchains, built by Dan the Man (is it okay to call him that?), currently process twice as many transactions per day than the WHOLE BLOCKCHAIN INDUSTRY combined.

As adoption grows, performance will matter, and that's where Bitshares will dominate even more. Now, before I go further, let's tackle the one big elephant in the room ...
    I GOT 99 PROBLEMS AND ONE OF THEM IS CENTRALIZED EXCHANGES

March 2014 - Mt. Gox ($473 Million Gone)
    January 2015 - Bitstamp ($5.1 Million Gone)
    August 2016 - Bitfinex ($66 Million Gone)
    January 2018 - Coincheck ($400 Million Gone)

And the list goes on… dun dun dun…
    What's Wrong With Current Centralized Exchanges?

• Hackers (sometimes even employees) are all over these exchanges like crazy stealing your stuff. Hide your kids, hide your crypto, ‘cause they hackin’ everybody up in here
    • Data is stored on their servers which puts you at their mercy if the exchange is down
    • They can’t handle too many registrations, so they just don’t let you register on the exchange at times (Why can’t I sign up for Bittrex, fool?)
    • More steps in the process. You have to use Know Your Customer (KYC) tools to verify your identity and deal with lots of extra hurdles
    • Sometimes withdrawals and deposits take foreverrr
    • Not all cryptos are tradable at your favorite exchanges
    • Centralized exchanges have a business model that works against you. They make money by imposing high fees on you, no different than a bank
    • Trust issues (the exchange could easily manipulate the market in their favor)
    • Centralized exchanges are prone to crash and burn (Mt. Gox, etc)

THE SOLUTION? DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGES, BABY

What is a Decentralized Exchange (DEX) and Why Are They the Future?

View the complete presentation at:

https://steemit.com/bitshares/@nomad...-create-wealth
    B. Steadman

Thanks for posting Bruce!

Comment

Working...
    X