Bitcoin atm machine - Atlanta directory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bitcoin atm machine - Atlanta directory

This is a the start of a list of Bitcoin atm machines.

By Bitcoin atm machines I am referring to an atm which is used only for -

(a) Buying bitcoin

or

(b) Selling bitcoin

or in same cases

(c) Both selling and buying bitcoin

Listing #1

Hudson Grille Sandy Springs

6317 Roswell Rd NE, Sandy Springs, GA 30328

Here are a few pics taken at the location -

If those pics above disappear at some point they are also saved here -

bitcoin-atm-atlanta-georgia-1.JPGbitcoin-atm-atlanta-georgia-2.JPGbitcoin-atm-atlanta-georgia-3.JPG

NOTE 1: I haven't personally used this Bitcoin atm machine so I'm not sure how invasive (intruding on one's privacy) that this machine is.

I've noticed that a lot of Bitcoin atm machines require that you insert your ID (?!) and even some that require that you insert your hand into a box which appears to somehow capture your prints (!?).

Basically sell your sole? LOL

Having said the above I also want to state that it's not 'Bitcoin' or the 'blockchain' that is requesting the this identity information. The atm manufactures (any of them, including non-Bitcoin machines) offer different models and some are have features including hand scans, retina scanner...hopefully no requests for blood samples and DNA.

Anyone (including me, or you) can purchase an atm machine and pick which features are built in. Totally up to the owners (and perhaps what they can and cannot afford).

The particular atm machine in the photos above (which is located right outside of Atlanta) was manufactured by a company called Lamassu.

NOTE 2: A couple of things (reasonable and necesary) that you will probably need in order to use a Bitcoin atm machine -

(1) A smartphone (e.g., iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, HTC or any smartphone) which has an app (e.g., Blockchain.info) which uses your phone's camera to scan Bitcoin QR Codes.

(2) Cash or in some cases a debit / credit / bank card.

Cash would be best for remaining anonymous and also zeroing out the all possibilities of fraud (e.g., someone stealing your card number).

Listing #2

Engineer's Bookstore

748 Marietta St NW, Atlanta, GA 30318

Here is a pic of the Bitcoin atm machine inside of the bookstore:

This Bitcoin atm machine appears to also be a model manufactured by Lamassu.

Here is a pic of from outside the bookstore:

If those pics end up disappearing I also have them saved here -

bitcoin-atm-atlanta-georgia-4.JPGbitcoin-atm-atlanta-georgia-5.jpg

Comment

I have successfully used the Satoshi1 Bitcoin ATM (See link for a picture and description - http://coinatmradar.com/blog/want-to...in-atm-review/ ) to buy some Bitcoin currency.

The Satoshi1 is a 'one-way' machine. That is, you can buy, but not sell, BTC, using the machine.

Operation of the Satoshi1 ATM is extremely simple. I was first asked for "identity verification" in which I entered my mobile phone number into the ATM and the ATM Company then immediately sent a SMS response to my phone with a short number code. I then typed the response code into the ATM to achieve verification. I then held up a paper image of the QR barcode for my Public Bitcoin Receiving Address to the indicated reader location on the ATM. (I don't own a 'smart phone' so was not able use this method to display my QR barcode). I then fed in a small stack of $20 bills into the machine. When finished, I pressed 'send' and I was done. The whole operation took less than a minute or two.

The ATM I used is located in a small neighborhood 'Juice Bar' facility. The ATM automatically subtracted about 20% of my transaction funds as a fee, which I consider outrageous. After some further investigation, I have found that this fee is payed almost entirely to the owner of the facility and is pre-selected by the facility owner to be between about 5% and 25%. I plan on using a Bitcoin ATM with a lower processing fee for my next BTC purchase.
      B. Steadman

Comment

Working...
      X