Video:Trump Blasts Media, Outlines His Presidential Promises at CPAC 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video:Trump Blasts Media, Outlines His Presidential Promises at CPAC 2017

MUST WATCH: Trump Blasts Media, Outlines His Presidential Promises at CPAC 2017 (Full CPAC Speech), National Harbor, Maryland

Published on Feb 24, 2017 by 'FOX 10 Phoenix'

Last edited by bsteadman; 02-24-2017, 09:34 PM.
    B. Steadman

Full Speech, Transcript: President Trump Slams ‘Fake News’ Media at CPAC

"The 'fake news' doesn't tell the truth"

Infowars.com

2/24/2017

Excerpt:

President Donald Trump delivers an epic speech from the 2017 Conservative Political Action Conference in National Harbor, Maryland.

Check out the transcript mostly curated from CSPAN [edits have been made for accuracy]:

President Trump: Thank you, everybody, so great to be with you. Thank you. [applause]
    Great to be back at CPAC. The place I have really — I love this place. Love you people. Thank you. Thank you very much. First of all, I want to thank Matt Schlapp and his very, very incredible wife and boss, Mercedes, who have been fantastic friends and supporters and so great when I watch them on television defending me, nobody has a chance. I want to thank Matt and Mercedes. [applause]

And when Matt called and asked, I said, absolutely, I’ll be there with you. The real reason I said it, I didn’t want him to go against me, that one you can’t beat. So I said, absolutely. It really is an honor to be here. I wouldn’t miss a chance to talk to my friends. These are my friends. [applause]

And we’ll see you again next year and the year after that and I’ll be doing this with CPAC whenever I can and I’ll make sure we’re here a lot. If you remember, my first major speech, sit down, everybody, come on. You know, the dishonest media, they’ll say, he didn’t get a standing ovation. You know why? You know why? Because everybody stood and nobody sat, so they will say he never got a standing ovation. Right? [applause] [chanting “USA”]

So, sit [applause] down. Donald trump did not get a standing ovation. They leave out the part, they never sat down, they leave that out. So I just want to thank you. My favorite major speech was at CPAC and probably five or six years ago, first major political speech. You were there. It was, I loved it, I loved the people, I loved the commotion and they did polls where I went through the roof and I wasn’t even running, right? It gave me an idea. And I got a little bit concerned when I saw what was happening in the country and I said, let’s go to it. So it was very exciting. I walked the stage on CPAC, I’ll never forget it really. I had very little notes and even less preparation. So when you have practically no notes and no preparation and then you leave and everybody was thrilled, I said, I think I like this business. I would have come last year, I was worried that I would be at that time, too controversial, we wanted border security, we wanted very, very strong military, we wanted all of the things we’re going to get and people consider that controversial, but you didn’t consider it controversial. [applause]

So I’ve been with CPAC for a long time, all of these years we’ve been together and now you finally have a president, finally, took you a long time, took you a long time. [applause]

And it’s patriots like you that made it happen, believe me, believe me. You did it because you love your country, because you want a better future for your children and because you want to make America great again. [applause]

The media didn’t think we would win. The pundits — you’re right, they had an idea. [applause]

The pundits didn’t think we’d win. The consultants that suck up all that money, they suck it up, they’re so good. They’re not good at politics, but really good at sucking up people’s money. Especially my opponents because I kept them down to a minimum, but consultants didn’t think we would win. But they all underestimated the power of the people, you, and the people proved them totally wrong. Never — this is so true, this is what has been happening, never underestimate the people, never. I don’t think it will ever happen again. [applause]

I want you all to know we are fighting the fake news, fixed, phony, fake. [applause]

A few days ago, I called the fake news the enemy of the people and they are, they are the enemy of the people. They have no sources, they just make them up when there are none. I saw one story recently where they said, “Nine people have confirmed…” – there are no nine people, I don’t believe there were one or two people, “nine people.” I said, give me a break, I know the people, I know who they talk to. There were no nine people. They say nine people. Somebody reads it and thinks nine people, they have nine sources, they make up sources. They are very dishonest people. Covering my comments, the dishonest media did not explain that I called the fake news the enemy of the people, the fake news, they dropped off the word “Fake,” and the story became the media is the enemy, they take the word “Fake” out and now I’m saying, “Oh, no, this is no good.” That is the way they are. I’m not against the media, I’m not against the press, I don’t mind bad stories if I deserve them and I tell you, I love good stories, but we won’t go there. I don’t get too many of them. But I am only against the fake news media or press, fake, fake, they have to lead that word. I’m against the people that make up stories and make up sources. They shouldn’t be allowed to use sources unless they use somebody’s name. Let their name be put out there. Let their name be put out. [applause]

“A source says that Donald Trump is a horrible, horrible human being.” Let them say it to my face. Let there be no more sources and remember this, and not in all cases, I had a story written yesterday about me in Reuters, by an honorable man, a very fair story. There are some great reporters around, they are talented, honest as the day is long, they’re great, but there are some terrible, dishonest people and they do tremendous disservice to our country and to our people, tremendous disservice, they are very dishonest shouldn’t use sources, they should put the name of the person, you will see stories dry up like you have never seen before. You have no idea how bad it is because if you are not part of the story, and I put myself in your position sometimes, many of you are not part of the story. If you are not part of the story, then you sort of know if you are part of the story, you know what they’re saying is true or not. So when they make it up and they make up something else and you saw that before the election, polls, polls, the polls, they come out with polls and everybody was so surprised, actually a couple polls got it right. Los Angeles times did it right, shocking because, you know, they did a great job. [applause]

And we had a couple of others that were right, but generally speaking, I can tell you the network, somebody said a poll came out. I say what network is it? And they’ll say, a certain — let’s not mention names, right? Shall we? [applause]

Well, you have a lot of them. The Clinton News Network is one. Totally. Take a look. Honestly. Take a look at polls over the last three years. You think they would fire the pollster, right? After years of getting battered, but I — who knows, maybe they are just bad at polling or maybe they’re not legit, one or the other, look how inaccurate, look at CBS, look at ABC, also, look at NBC, take a look at some of the polls, so bad, so inaccurate, what that does, creates false narrative, like a narrative that is just like we’re not going to win, people say, I love trump, you know I’m not feeling great today, he can’t win, so I won’t go and vote. I won’t go and vote. It creates a false deal. We have to fight it, folks, fight it. They are very smart, they are very cunning and very dishonest, so just to conclude, I mean, it’s a sensitive topic and they get upset when we expose their false stories, they say that we can’t criticize their dishonest coverage because of the First Amendment, you know, they bring up the first amendment. And I love the first amendment, nobody loves it better than me. Nobody. [applause]

I mean, who uses it more than I do? But the First Amendment gives all of us, gives it to me, to you, to all Americans, the right to speak our minds freely. It gives you the right and me the right to criticize fake news and criticize it strongly. And many are part of the large media corporations that have their own agenda and it is not your agenda and not the country’s agenda, their own agenda. They have a professional obligation as members of the press to report honestly. But as you saw throughout the entire campaign, and even now, the fake news doesn’t tell the truth. Doesn’t tell the truth. So just in finishing, I say it doesn’t represent the people, it doesn’t tell the – never will represent the people and we’re going to do something about it because we have to go out and have to speak our minds and we have to be honest. Our victory was a win like nobody has ever seen before. [applause]

I’m here fighting for you and I will continue to fight for you, the victory and the win were something that really was dedicated to a country and people that believe in freedom, security and the rule of law. Our victory — [applause]

— was the victory and the win for conservative values. And our victory was a win for everyone who believes it’s time to stand up for America, to stand up for the American worker and to stand up for the American flag. [applause]

Yeah, well we should stand up. Come on. There we should stand up. And by the way, we love our flag, by the way, you folks are in here, this place is packed, there are lines that go back six blocks and I tell you that because you won’t read about it, okay. There are lines that go back six blocks, there is such love in this country for everything we stand for, you saw that on election day. [applause]

.................................................. .....................
    View the complete article, including video, at:

http://www.infowars.com/full-speech-...marks-at-cpac/
    B. Steadman

Comment

Working...
    X