Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ITB - Black Rapper Azealia Banks Shows Trump’s Message Resonates With Black Voters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ITB - Black Rapper Azealia Banks Shows Trump’s Message Resonates With Black Voters

Black Rapper Azealia Banks Shows How Trump’s Message Resonates With Black Voters

Breitbart / Big-Government

Julia Hahn
    9/13/2015

Excerpt:

As polls show Donald Trump performing better than ever with black voters, progressive rapper Azealia Banks is expressing support for Trump’s popular immigration policy because of the positive impact it could have on black Americans.

“Do you think it’s bad that I sort of agree with [Trump’s] stance on immigration?” the rapper wrote on her Instagram account on September 7th.

Banks, a black rapper from Harlem, made headlines in March of this year by declaring her hatred for “this country” and “white Americans.”

Banks explained that her support for Trump’s immigration plan is based on the detrimental impact mass immigration has had on the black community. “Black Americans still have not been paid reparations for slavery,” she wrote. “It’s selfish, but America has been really good at convincing me that everyone else’s problems are more important than my own.”

Following an immediate onslaught of progressive backlash, Banks tried to vaguely signal to progressives that her pro-America immigration statement was just a “social experiment.” However, all of her social media posts thereafter demonstrate a strong support for the ideas underpinning Trump’s rise.

“If the United States of America is an aircraft on its way down, (which it seems to be) I must put my own air mask on before I assist others,” Banks later wrote.

Indeed, black Americans have been disproportionately impacted by mass immigration. “Competition from immigration accounts for approximately 40 percent of the 18-percentage point decline in black employment in recent years,” U.S. Civil Rights Commissioner Peter Kirsanow has documented. “That’s nearly a million jobs lost by blacks to immigrants.”

Black Americans are currently unemployed at twice the rate of white Americans, and real average wages are lower today than they were in 1973, shortly after the green card gusher began.

Yet the consequences of mass immigration for “the black community in general are not limited to wages,” three members of the Civil Rights commission wrote in 2013.

In addition to lower wages, decades of mass immigration has led to an increase in the incarceration rate amongst black Americans. As Harvard Professor George Borjas has analyzed, “a 10% immigrant-induced increase in the supply of a particular skill group is associated with a reduction in the black wage of 2.5%, a reduction in the black employment rate of 5.9 percentage points, and an increase in the black institutionalization rate of 1.3%.”

Banks’ immigration post, however, caught the ire of Buzzfeed’s Conz Preti, who according to Buzzfeed’s website, is “la directora regional para las Américas”– or the regional director of Americas for Buzzfeed.

“Dear ‪@AZEALIABANKS, I’m not sucking up state aid nor your gov money. I’m busting my [a**] working and not bothering you,” Preti tweeted on September 8th.

“‪Yes,” Banks tweeted in response, “but eventually you and the other 10 million undocumented immigrants will have children who need schooling and need food stamps etc”

But Preti isn’t an illegal immigrant, so she lashed back: “[W]ho said I’m undocumented?”

Banks’ statistics overall are correct. “Immigrant households use welfare at significantly higher rates than native households,” with more than half of U.S. immigrants on welfare, a new Census data study reveals. The disproportionate reliance on welfare continues amongst the second and third generations (i.e. the American-born children) of immigrants: 76.4 percent of native Hispanics report that they use welfare as opposed to 40.8 percent of native whites.

Banks pressed the point. “Who’s going to pay for [mass immigration]?” Banks tweeted. “I’d much rather have my tax dollars go to making schools better then spreading schools thin.”

Indeed, large-scale immigration has sapped educational resources for minority communities. Today, as a result of four decades of record high green card dispensations, a majority of public school enrollees are minorities. A majority of students now also qualify for programs like subsidized school lunches. As the United States has continued to distribute visas to many of the poorest and least-educated countries around the world, U.S. test scores have plummeted. As the liberal-website Vox recently observed:

“The results for last year’s SAT test-takers are in, and they’re not good: the lowest on record in the last decade… The pool of test takers is more likely to include poor and nonwhite students than before… SAT-takers have become more racially diverse, largely because a greater share of test-takers are Hispanic now than in the past. The share of students from poor families and those who learned English as a second language have increased… as the pool of test-takers has gotten more diverse and poorer than in the past, the average score has fallen slightly from year to year. To some extent, that’s to be expected.”

The fact that Banks— who has previously articulated her hatred for “white Americans”— supports for the America-first philosophy of Trump’s campaign is interesting as it reveals the irony of claims from the publications like National Review, which try to assert that Trump’s rise is fueled by white nationalism. The other fact that invalidates the National Review’s analysis is that the progressive Buzzfeed staffer attacking Banks— and implicitly criticizing Trump— is making thinly veiled appeals to racial solidarity as a higher organizing principle than national solidarity.

As the Buzzfeed staffer later wrote, “Today will be remembered as the day Azealia Banks attacked me when I disagreed with her diss towards latino immigrants… [A]ttacking another minority is not ok. I call this the Donald Trump effect. Brace yourselves because we will be seeing more and more of this.”

As Trump has promoted a pro-America immigration policy that prioritizes getting Americans back to work rather than importing low-wage foreign laborers to replace them, he has seen his poll numbers soar with key voting groups, including women and black Americans, who have been most negatively impacted by the federal government’s record high visa dispensations.

View the complete article, including images, at:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...-black-voters/
    Last edited by bsteadman; 09-14-2015, 08:31 PM.
    B. Steadman
Working...
X