• Show
Clear All

• WTF - Newt: Rubio Will Make Great President Someday -- Newsmax

Newt: Rubio Will Make Great President Someday

Newsmax

Jim Meyers and Kathleen Walter
    5/15/2012

Excerpt:

"Newt Gingrich tells Newsmax the GOP has a number of “first-rate talents” to choose from in selecting presumptive presidential candidate Mitt Romney’s running mate.

But when asked what Gingrich would do if Romney tapped him for vice president, the former House speaker says in an interview with Newsmax TV:

“I would ask him to think long and hard about why he was doing that.

“I think he’s probably going to tap someone who’s younger, somebody who brings significant ability to help win the election this fall, and we have a number of very exciting people, whether you’re talking about Senator Marco Rubio in Florida, Senator Rob Portman [in Ohio], Senator Kelly Ayotte in New Hampshire, people like Condi Rice, former secretary of State. We have a lot of talent in the Republican Party.

“You ask three things about a potential vice president. One, could they be president? Two, are they philosophically broadly compatible with the nominee? And three, can they help you win the election? You ask them in that order. There are a number of first-rate talents he could pick that would strengthen the ticket and our chances of winning this fall.”

Asked if Rubio would make a good vice president, Gingrich responds: “Sure. I think he’d make a good president someday. He’s a very very smart, very competent person.”

View the complete article at:

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/ging...5/15/id/439200

My Comment: Rubio is not a 'natural born Citizen' and therefore is ineligible for either VP or POTUS as required by Article II of the U.S. Constitution. See the following link for a study conducted by CDR Charles Kerchner (ret) regarding the matter:

http://cdrkerchner.wordpress.com/201...n-in-sep-1975/
    Last edited by bsteadman; 05-16-2012, 11:54 AM.
    B. Steadman
Working...
X