Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MIT Prof: The Birthers are (Still) Back; Independent Voters Not Buying Obama Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIT Prof: The Birthers are (Still) Back; Independent Voters Not Buying Obama Story

MIT Professor: The Birthers are (Still) Back; Independent Voters Not Buying Obama Story

Birther Report

7/17/2012

Excerpt:

The Birthers are (Still) Back
    by Adam Berinsky @ YouGov
    (Hat tip CA Holly)

"For the last four years, Barack Obama has been plagued by rumors that he is not a natural-born citizen of the United States and, as a result, is not eligible to serve as president. These rumors continue to show surprising resilience

As I showed in a Model Politics post from February, even the release of Obama’s long form birth certificate in April 2011 did little to change the public’s beliefs regarding Obama’s citizenship. While rejection of the Birther rumor increased greatly in the immediate wake of the release of the document, a mere nine months later, the public had seemingly forgot what it learned.

The January 2012 YouGov poll I reported in February demonstrated that the power of Obama’s action was short lived. Two-thirds of the initial 12-point increase in the percentage of respondents who said that Obama was born in the United States disappeared between April 2011 and January 2012.

Polling conducted last week suggests that whatever remaining effect of the release of the birth certificate that persisted through January is completely gone today. From June 30-July 2, 2012, YouGov surveyed 1000 Americans and asked whether “Barack Obama was born in the United States of America.” In the table below, I present these results, alongside the earlier polls that I presented in my January post.

REPORT & POLLING DATA CONTINUED HERE:
    http://today.yougov.com/news/2012/07...are-still-back

View the complete Birther Report presentation at:

http://obamareleaseyourrecords.blogs...till-back.html
    B. Steadman
Working...
X