No announcement yet.

Senator Pat Toomey Confronted Over Article II Natural Born Citizen Requirement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senator Pat Toomey Confronted Over Article II Natural Born Citizen Requirement

Dereliction: Senator Pat Toomey Confronted Over Article II Natural Born Citizen Requirement

Birther Report

2/10/2016

Excerpt:

Birther Report reader sent in the following:

Dear BR,

I thought you may find this of interest. Today I emailed Senator Toomey's office. Here is what I sent:

"Senator Toomey I was greatly disappointed to learn that you endorsed Senator Marco Rubio for the office of POTUS. Since Senator Rubio became a citizen by positive law made by Congress and not by nature or natural circumstance without his parents owing any allegiance to a foreign power. It is well known public knowledge that Senator Cruz’s parents naturalized to become US citizens 4 years after his birth. It is also well known public knowledge that both Senator Rubio’s parents were, at the time of his birth, citizens of Cuba. It is also well known public knowledge that at the time Senator Robio’s parents naturalized, he too became a naturalized US citizen. Therefore, since Senator Rubio obtained his citizenship status via naturalization, it defies all reason and logic that he could also be a NBC four years after the fact of his birth circumstance. Senator Rubio cannot meet our Constitutional requirement to serve as POTUS since it is an impossibility to retroactively become a NBC of any country.

Respectfully, on what basis have you judged Marco Rubio to be a “natural born citizen” of the United States?"

Here is the reply, I received surprisingly quickly:

"Thank you for contacting me. I appreciate hearing from you. The issue you raise is one that my official office cannot address, but instead must be handled by the Toomey for Senate Campaign office. I have forwarded your correspondence to my campaign office, and you should hear from them shortly.

If you would like to contact the Toomey for Senate campaign directly, you may reach them at:

info@toomeyforsenate.com
    (484) 809-7994
    www.toomeyforsenate.com

Thank you again for your correspondence. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future if I can be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Pat Toomey
    U.S. Senator, Pennsylvania"

I find it of interest that Senator Toomey will allow the use of his Senator credentials as an endorsement of Senator Rubio, but will refuse to allow himself to answer my question in an official capacity as my Senator.

I have not yet heard from his campaign office.

Warmest regards.

View the complete Birther Report presentation, including comments, at:

http://www.birtherreport.com/2016/02...at-toomey.html
    B. Steadman
Working...
X