This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Date Format (M/D/Y) Used on the 'LDS, Obama Kenyan BC' is Authentic

Jerome R. Corsi was wrong in his 8/25/2009 WND article titled ‘eBay Birth Certificate Called Fraud’ when he stated the following under his list of claimed ‘defects’ of the 'Lucas Daniel Smith, Obama Kenyan Birth Certificate':

Article Link: http://www.wnd.com/2009/08/108005/

4. “The dates on the document are formatted in U.S. style, listing in order the month, day and year; this is not the British format which typically follows the order of day, month and year." - Dr. Jerome R. Corsi

As Mr. Smith conclusively proves in the following video, Kenya uses two different numeric date formats, D/M/Y (British format) and M/D/Y (U.S. format)

Video: Definitive and categorical proof that Kenya uses two different numeric date formats. D/M/Y & M/D/Y

Uploaded 8/14/2011 by InspectorSmith (Lucas Daniel Smith)

The U.S. Date Format M/D/Y definitely COULD have been used on a 1961 birth certificate issued by the Coast Province General Hospital in Mombasa, Kenya.

The 'Lucas Daniel Smith, Obama Kenyan Birth Certificate' is AUTHENTIC, regarding the date format used!
    Last edited by bsteadman; 04-10-2012, 02:08 PM.
    B. Steadman

What time is it in Kenya?

Lucas Daniel Smith's Blog

Lucas Daniel Smith
    3/11/2013

Excerpts:

Kenya uses at least two different numeric date formats which include MONTH/DAY/YEAR (MM/DD/YYYY) and DAY/MONTH/YEAR (DD/MM/YYYY).

Skeptics invariably offer counter statements to the effect that using MM/DD/YYYY and DD/MM/YYYY in Kenya (or anywhere in the world) would be impossible because, unless the numeric DAY is at least 13 or unless the DAY and MONTH are of the same numeric value, no one would be able to tell which number represented the MONTH and which number represented the DAY.

In Kenya not only do they use at least two different numeric date formats they also use two different time/clock systems. In Kenya they use the standard time system that we as Americans (and most of the rest of the world) use and they also use Swahili time (or Kiswahili time).

In Swahili time there are 12 hours of night and 12 hours of day.

Swahili_clockAt our 7:00 in the morning it is 1:00 in the morning in Swahili time. At our 9:00 in morning it is 3:00 in the morning in Swahili time. At our 12 o’clock (noon) it is 6:00 o’clock in Swahili time. At our 3:00 o’clock it is 9:00 o’clock in Swahili time. At our 6:00 o’clock it is 12:00 o’clock in Swahili time. At hour 9:00 o’clock at night it is 3:00 o’clock in Swahili time. At our 12:0o o’clock at night it is 6:00 o’clock at night in Swahili. At our 3:00 in the morning it is 9:00 o’clock at night in Swahili time. At our 6:00 in the morning it is 12 o’clock in Swahili time.

In Kenya, as stated above, they use the standard time system that we as Americans use and they also use Swahili time. How does anyone in Kenya, including all Kenyans, know which time system is being used if both systems are used?

View the complete post at:

http://www.wasobamaborninkenya.com/b...s-it-in-kenya/
    B. Steadman

Comment

The following are four comments made by Lucas Daniel Smith to his original article on 3/13/2013.

They give examples of the problems that are sometimes experienced by tourists in East African countries due to the confusion caused by the locals use of Swahili time.

(1) Italian tourists in Tanzania buy bus tickets which say the bus arrives at 4 am. The Italians arrive an hour early (3 am). At 4 am the bus did not arrive. By 7 am still no bus and the tourists are mad. About that same time some employees arrive and the Italians are upset and start shouting at them about the bus that never came and how it was raining and they’d been waiting and how the bus never arrived at 4:00 am and had still not arrived. The employees say that they do not understand. After a little more shouting from the Italians they,the Italians, are told that the bus arrives at 4 am in Swahili time (which would be 10:00 am in the standard time). The bus wasn’t scheduled to arrive for almost another 3 hours.

http://michiphotobooth.com/2012/01/25/swahili-time/

(2) Foreigner in Tanzania misses class because “2:40″ to her surely meant 2:40 in the afternoon.

Turns out it was Swahili time which in standard time was 8:40 in the morning:

“So, while attempting to schedule one of these visits, I encountered a pretty interesting cultural miscommunication. One of the teachers whose class we wanted to sit in on sent me a text message (SMS) saying her class was at 2:40. Of course, I took this to mean 2:40pm. Since this was only one of many visits I was scheduling, it did not occur to me until the day of our visit that that time could not be correct since schools are only in session until 2:00pm everyday. By the time I realized this it was already 8:30am or so, and shortly after my realization the teacher called me to ask if I was going to be there that day. When I asked her to clarify the time she said “Oh, I am in the class right now!” Turns out that when she said 2:40, she meant class was at 8:40am – i.e. six hours past the time she told me. This was really puzzling to me, but apparently there is a separate “Swahili” time and “English” time. While I and most of the world functions on “English” time, in some Swahili speaking nations they consider 1:00am to be one hour after the sun rises, which would correspond to what most people consider 7:00am, and 1:00pm to be one hour after the sun sets, which would correspond to what most people consider 7:00pm. So, the time they provide you might be six hours off, as was the case with the teacher I communicated with. Now that I know this, I try to clarify whether they mean “Swahili time” or “English time” time when I try to schedule meetings so that I won’t be six hours late or early!”

http://isteptanzania.wordpress.com/2...-english-time/

(3) Professor Erin Wilkinson (American) couldn’t understand why she was “stood up” when she scheduled small business client appointments at 2:00pm and 4:00pm in Zanzibar and Tanzania.

She wasn’t aware of Swahili time:

http://zanzibaradventure.wordpress.com/

(4) Tourists in Tanzania buy boat ticket which they thought was leaving at 8:00 pm:

“While we had thought that the boat would depart at 8:00 p.m (because it said 8:00 p.m. on our ticket), we were wrong. Our boat was going to leave at 2:00 in the afternoon. The time on our ticket was “Swahili time,” not “Western time.” They learned that in Swahili time, the day starts at sunrise (makes sense), which, at the equator does not change substantially during the year, so what we think of as 6:00 a.m. is considered 1:00 a.m. in Swahili time. To make matters even more confusing (at least for us), the people here keep their watches on Western time, but convert to Swahili time. So much for our mastery of Swahili.”

http://www.oocities.org/mimi_samuel/mikandani.htm
      B. Steadman

Comment

Letters from esteemed Kenyan hero Thomas Joseph Odhiambo Mboya and his diverse date formats.

Lucas Daniel Smith
        6/14/2013

View the complete post, including photos showing the different date formats used on Mboya's letters, at:

Excerpts:

Esteemed hero Thomas Joseph Odhiambo Mboya was a black Kenyan politician during Jomo Kenyatta’s government. He was founder of the Nairobi People’s Congress Party. He was a key figure in the formation of the Kenya African National Union (KANU), and the Minister of Economic Planning and Development. Mboya was assassinated on July 5th, 1969 in Nairobi, Kenya.

Mboya, like our friend Barack Hussein Obama Sr., did not know his exact date of birth. Mboya fancied himself to have been born on August 15, 1930. In truth Mboya did not even know what year he was born. When he was baptized at Kilimambogo Mission on April 22, 1932 the Catholic fathers estimated his age at about two (2) years. See page six (6) of the book, Tom Mboya: The Man Kenya wanted to forget, by David Goldsworthy.

It should be noted, even though we now know that Obama Sr. had at times listed his birth year as 1934 and at other times as 1936 (and variations of day and month), that some skeptics have indicated the Obama Jr.’s 1961 Coast Province General Hospital, Mombasa, British Protectorate Kenya, birth certificate is not genuine because the father’s date of birth on the document consists of nothing more than the year 1936 (no day, no month).

I own the three (3) letters pictured in (the) report, all of which were typewritten and signed by Tom Mboya.

In the first letter Mboya styles the date in the following format: January 22nd, 1960.

In the second letter Mboya styles the date in the following format: 25th March, 1963.

In the second letter Mboya stlyes the date in the following format: 5th October, 1965.

Why the difference in date format on the 1960 letter? Is the letter not authentic being that the British DAY/MONTH/YEAR date format was not used? Skeptics have indicated Obama Jr.’s 1961 Coast Province General Hospital, Mombasa, British Protectorate Kenya, birth certificate is not authentic on the very same grounds.
        B. Steadman

Comment

Dr. Conspiracy (Kevin Wayne Davidson) finally admits that Kenya uses two different numeric date formats (i.e., MM/DD/YYYY and DD/MM/YYYY)

Lucas Daniel Smith
          4/2/2014

Excerpt:

The ... map (shown in the post) was added to “Calender Date” entry at Wikipedia on December 28, 2007 by Wikipedia user Garden. The map was color coded each country by the date format(s) used.

The map was edited (by color) twelve (12) times and the last edit was conducted about a year later on December 8, 2008. Most of the edits were done by Wikipedia user Kwamikagami.

On the 6th edit (on October 29, 2008) the color of the country Kenya was changed to purple. The color purple indicated that a country used both MM/DD/YYYY and DD/MM/YYYY. That map is shown ...
          (in the post):

Kenya remained purple throughout all of the future edits.

The map was removed from Wikipedia on November 17, 2010 by Wikipedia user Worm That Turned. They noted that, “Map is just wrong, and causing a contradiction. If anyone fancies correcting the map, feel free to put it back.”

NOTE: As of January 2011 date formats are compiled in entry at Wikipedia called, “Date format by country.” And the entry also contains a color coded map.

I have been writing this report for, at least, more than a year now. The title was originally titled “Wiki admin Kwamikagami and the Kenya date formats (British English and Kenyan Swahili) and Mystylplx the power-scrubbing Obot.” ....

I never finished writing the report, although I tried on many occasions, because it was just to complex to pool or bundle together into something that could be read and understood.

However, I’ve recently received requests from specific parties requesting that I publish another compelling report on the date format used on Barack Obama’s 1961 Coast Province General Hospital, Mombasa, British Protectorate of Kenya birth certificate.

Additional motivation to finishing writing the report appeared in the form of Dr. Conspiracy publishing an article yesterday (April 1st, 2011) called “Wikipedia was in the forefront of the battle over the Smith birth certificate.”

In the article Dr. Conspiracy finally admits that Kenya uses two (2) different numeric date formats (i.e., MM/DD/YYYY and DD/MM/YYYY), “Indeed, it has m/d/yyyy formatting for “Kiswahili (Kenya).”

However, in a despairing last-ditch attempt to not have to admit that the skeptics (and worse) were wrong for last five (5) years, he goes on to state that, “It is important to understand that this entry is not for Kenya, but for the national language Kiswahili.”

There are a few things wrong with Dr. Conspiracy’s second statement regarding Kiswahili.

To begin with, Kiswahili is not the “national language” of Kenya, it is the official language of Kenya just as English is. Both English and Kiswahili are the official languages in Kenya.

Furthermore, it doesn’t matter whether or not Kiswahili is the national language or the official language of Kenya. Kiswahili, or Swahili, is the indigenous language of the coastal areas of Kenya and Tanzania.

View the complete post, including colored maps and links, at:

http://www.wasobamaborninkenya.com/b...-and-ddmmyyyy/
          B. Steadman

Comment

Interesting note:

On July 4, 1974 President Jomo Kenyatta declared Kiswahili a Parliamentary language.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=do

Comment

Skeptics wrong again: Dual numeric date formats found on Government of Kenya statements and briefings from 2005 thru 2013 - InspectorSmith

Lucas Daniel Smith
              1/5/2015

http://www.wasobamaborninkenya.com/b...005-thru-2013/
              B. Steadman

Comment

Date formats and other data: Colony and Protectorate of Kenya passport (1960) vs Kenya Republic passport (1975)

by Lucas Daniel Smith
                6/12/2018

View the complete post at: https://www.wasobamaborninkenya.com/...passport-1975/

B. Steadman

Comment

Working...
                X