Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At Home with Donald Trump and His Family -- People Magazine, Front Cover Featured

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At Home with Donald Trump and His Family -- People Magazine, Front Cover Featured

At Home with Donald Trump and His Family

People Magazine

Jess Cagle and Charlotte Triggs
    Updated 10/4/2015

Excerpt:

In their first family interview, Donald Trump and his wife Melania open up about raising their son Barron and their hopes for the White House. Subscribe now for instant access to this PEOPLE exclusive!

Sitting down for an interview with PEOPLE in his office at Trump Tower, Donald Trump is charming, candid (he answered any question posed to him) – and very confident.

"When you see you're number one in every poll that makes any criticism go away very quickly," he says. "If I'm able to get the nomination, my polling looks very good against Hillary or whoever it may be. I think I'll win."

Financially, he's prepared for the enormous cost of running a campaign (Obama's cost an estimated $1 billion in 2012).

"I'm very liquid. I can spend whatever I want," he says. He's saving on travel because he owns his own plane, and who needs advertising? "It's all Trump, all the time on television," he says. "So far, I'm way under budget."

What has been slightly more difficult to reconcile is the impact the campaign has had on his family life. At 69 he's a father of five (Donald Jr., 37, Ivanka, 33, and Eric, 31, with his ex wife Ivana; Tiffany, 21, with ex wife Marla Maples; and Barron, 9, with wife Melania) and grandfather to seven (daughter Ivanka's current pregnancy will make it eight).

"I just don't have the time that I would love to spend with my children and my wife," he says. "I see less of my grandchildren than I might like. But they get how important this is."

View the complete post, including videos and images, at:

http://www.people.com/article/people...d-trump-family
    B. Steadman
Working...
X