Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump's lawyer Michael Cohen apologizes for threatening reporter over rape claims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump's lawyer Michael Cohen apologizes for threatening reporter over rape claims

Donald Trump's lawyer Michael Cohen apologizes for threatening reporter over rape claims as Ivana Trump rejects allegations

New York Daily News

Adam Edelman and Celeste Katz
    7/28/2015, Updated 7/29/2015

Excerpt:

The Donald isn’t the only member of Team Trump who likes to shoot off his mouth.

Top Trump lawyer Michael Cohen apologized Tuesday for threatening a reporter who asked about a decades-old allegation that the real estate magnate raped his ex-wife Ivana Trump.

“In my moment of shock and anger, I made an inarticulate comment — which I do not believe — and which I apologize for entirely,” Cohen, who is known as the Republican candidate’s pit bull, said via email.

The Daily Beast reported Cohen went into a high-octane rant when asked Monday about accusations in a 1993 book that Trump assaulted his former wife.

Cohen, the report said, insisted that there is no law against marital rape.

In fact, spousal rape is a crime in all 50 states.

“You write a story that has Mr. Trump’s name in it, with the word ‘rape,’ and I’m going to mess your life up,” an enraged Cohen told The Daily Beast, threatening a world of legal hurt.

“Tread very f---ing lightly, because what I’m going to do to you is going to be f---ing disgusting,” he menaced.

Cohen said Tuesday he had simply lost his head because the reporter’s willingness “to make such a reprehensible and false allegation against Mr. Trump truly stunned me.”

He also said “as an attorney, husband and father, there are many injustices that offend me, but nothing more than charges of rape or racism. They hit me at my core.”

Trump’s former spouse issued a statement of her own — via his campaign — in support of the surging Republican presidential candidate.

The Daily Beast reported Cohen went into a high-octane rant when asked Monday about accusations in a 1993 book that Donald Trump assaulted his former wife Ivana Trump.

“I have recently read some comments attributed to me from nearly 30 years ago at a time of very high tension during my divorce from Donald. The story is totally without merit,” Ivana Trump said.

“Donald and I are the best of friends, and together have raised three children that we love and are very proud of. I have nothing but fondness for Donald and wish him the best of luck on his campaign,” she said.

“Incidentally, I think he would make an incredible President.”

The former Mrs. Trump’s accusations that her husband accosted her emerged in the 1993 book “The Last Tycoon: The Many Lives of Donald J. Trump,” by Harry Hurt.

View the complete article, including images, at:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.2306290
    B. Steadman
Working...
X