Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1986 letter from the Office of the President of Zambia - Obama born in Mombasa, Kenya

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1986 letter from the Office of the President of Zambia - Obama born in Mombasa, Kenya

1986 letter from the Office of the President of the Republic of Zambia – Stanley Dunham’s son [Barack Obama] born in Mombasa, Kenya

Lucas Daniel Smith's Blog
    InspectorSmith
    7/26/2015

Link to the post: http://www.wasobamaborninkenya.com/b...mombasa-kenya/

Excerpt:

An old letter from the year 1986 surfaces indicating that Stanley Dunham’s son [Barack Hussein Obama II] was born in Mombasa, Kenya.

Link to the referenced letter - https://www.scribd.com/doc/272659058...blic-of-Zambia
    B. Steadman

7/26/2015 Comment by 'InspectorSmith to his original post:

Excerpt:

Here in (sic) an excerpt from Wikipedia regarding Stanley Dunham in years 1986 and 1987:

From May to November 1986 and from August to November 1987, Dunham was a cottage industries development consultant for the Agricultural Development Bank of Pakistan (ADBP) under the Gujranwala Integrated Rural Development Project (GADP).[42][48] The credit component of the project was implemented in the Gujranwala district of the Punjab province of Pakistan with funding from the Asian Development Bank and IFAD, with the credit component implemented through Louis Berger International, Inc.[42][48] Dunham worked closely with the Lahore office of the Punjab Small Industries Corporation (PSIC).[42][48]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ann_Dunham

What Stanley Dunham doing in December 1986 and thru July 1987?

.................................................. ..........
    B. Steadman

Comment

The following is a reproduction of a comment made by 'martha555' on 9/14/2015 to the above linked post by Lucas Daniel Smith:

I found your post about Ann Dunham being on official business in Zambia in 1986 so interesting. It actually explains something Kezia Obama said in a January 2008 interview with The Mail Online titled, “Barack Obama’s stepmother living in Bracknell reveals the close bond with him…and his mother”. I wondered how was it possible that Kezia and Ann were friends?

From the article: ” The first time I met Barack Jr. was when he came to Kenya in 1985,” she said in an exclusive interview with The Mail on Sunday last year…”We have seen each other many times since that first visit, in the US, in Kenya, and in England. I was very fond of Barack Jr’s mother, Ann. She came to Kenya after Barack Snr died and she and I became great friends. She was like a sister to me.”

ANN CAME TO KENYA AFTER BARACK SR. DIED! He died in 1982. This letter is from 1986. Zambia is located to the south of Kenya with only the country of Tanzania in between! You think Ann may have gone back to Kenya for old times sake and looked up the relatives that her son met on an earlier visit?

This official notice places Ann in Africa near Kenya after Barack Sr. died and explains why she and Kezia saw each other in Africa and became friends. Kezia’s interview places Ann in Africa and corroborates your Zambia notice. Fantastic find!
      B. Steadman

Comment

Barack Obama's stepmother living in Bracknell reveals the close bond with him ... and his mother

Daily Mail / Mail Online

Elizabeth Sanderson
        Last Updated 1/06/2008

Excerpt:

The difference between the neat cul-de-sacs of a Bracknell housing estate and the grand boulevards of Capitol Hill couldn't be more marked.

One is an ordinary corner of Berkshire filled with modest semis, where life revolves around the supermarket and the local pub quiz.

The other is the domain of the American President and the world's most famous political powerhouse.

Yet when Barack Obama was swept to victory in last week's Iowa caucus in the 2008 race for the White House, it was not international plaudits that mattered so much as the views of his stepmother Kezia, who has made a home for herself in Bracknell.

Now a 67-year-old grandmother, she more than anyone understands the astonishing nature of Barack's success - and the vastness of the journey that has been made in the space of one generation.

She was married to his father, Barack Snr, a former goatherd from her homeland of Kenya, who was killed in a car crash when Barack was 21.

Barack Sr, a Muslim, would go on to marry two more women - Barack Jr's mother Ann Dunham, an American he met during a scholarship to the United States, and an American teacher called Ruth.

But it was Kezia who remained his one true love and to whom he always returned.

Strangely, Kezia and Ann became great friends, writing to each other often.

So when Ann died of breast cancer in 1995, it was Kezia who formed the link to Barack's past; Kezia who now takes pride of place at special family gatherings and Kezia who was there to celebrate Barack Jr's 2005 inauguration as an Illinois senator.

She first met the man who could become America's first black president 20 years ago when he visited the family compound in Alego, north-western Kenya, an Aids-ravaged hamlet where chickens roam free and little has changed in more than 50 years.

They have since seen each other in America and Bracknell where Kezia moved to be near her daughter Auma - Barack's half sister - who now lives abroad.

When Auma married ten years ago, Barack accompanied her then husband, Ian, on his stag do, which involved a stripping policewoman and a tour of Wokingham's pubs and working men's clubs.

It is, by any standards, a bizarre situation but one which Kezia is learning to take in her stride.

A rotund, larger-than-life lady with a deep, full-throttled laugh, she has never spoken publicly about her famous stepson before.

But, as his political star continued to rise, she agreed to talk for the first time about the "quiet boy" with a love of history.

"The first time I met Barack Jr was when he came to Kenya in 1985," she said in an exclusive interview with The Mail on Sunday last year.

"He was so much like his father, his looks, his voice, everything. It was like seeing my husband all over again.

"Even the people at the airport who had seen Barack Jnr arrive off his flight said: 'Barack is back ... we heard him, we saw him.' It was hard.

"Barack Jr was really happy to meet us. He was really eager to see the family home and to see where his father was buried. He was quiet and was always reading history books.

"Now, still, he can be quiet but he has a good sense of humour and is good with people. He treats everybody the same, whether it is the cleaner or the managing director. He has the common touch.

"I'm very proud that he wants to include us in his life. As a family, we are very friendly, very close.

"The family are still very important to him. That would make Barack Sr very happy.

"We have seen each other many times since that first visit, in the US, in Kenya and in England. I was very fond of Barack Jr's mother, Ann.

"She came to Kenya after Barack Snr died and she and I became great friends. She was like a sister to me."

Since then, the Obamas have formed an extraordinary bond - despite their fractured family history and the vast cultural and geographic differences.

As well as Auma, Kezia has three sons by Barack Snr. Her two youngest, Bernard and Abo, live in Nairobi.

Bernard sells mechanical parts while Abo runs an international telephone shop.

Their eldest son Roy studied at a madrasah in Nairobi before moving to the States where he is an accountant.

Until now, Barack Snr has been portrayed as a bigamist and a drunk.

In his autobiography, Dreams From My Father, Barack admits being disappointed that his father became so bitter and unfocused in his latter years.

Yet Kezia seems determined to defend the man's reputation.

True, he behaved appallingly sometimes. He could be selfish and became disillusioned. But she says he was also clever and talented.

And she is clearly as in love today as she was when they first met.

She was a 16-year-old schoolgirl while Barack Snr, two years older, had just got his first proper job as an office clerk in Nairobi.

Kezia said: "It was at a dance in Kendu Bay, my home town.

Barack was there on holiday with his family.

"I went to the dance hall with my cousin William and I saw Barack enter the room. I thought, 'ohhh, wow'. He was so lovely with his dancing. So handsome and so smart.

"We danced together and then the next day my cousin came to our house and told me that Barack liked me.

"It was December, so I was off school. Each day Barack and my cousin would stop by the house.

"Every time I looked they were always there, trying to convince me to go with Barack to Nairobi.

"About a week later, William and I took Barack to the station. We were going to say: 'Bye bye, see you next time.' Except there was no bye bye.

"When the train arrived William and Barack said, "You are going to Nairobi." I went with him.'

Her father, a local driver, was furious.

Kezia said: "He did not like Obama. My father and brothers came to Nairobi to bring me back. They said I had to go back to school.

"When I wouldn't, they said they would never speak to me again.

"Barack was also worried about what his father would think because I was so young, but he gave us his approval. He sent my mother and father 14 cows for my dowry.

"Barack's father was only a cook so it was a big sacrifice. Very soon after, we were married."

That was January 1957. Kezia and Barack Snr set up home in Jericho, a section of Nairobi created for government employees, and began a family.

First son Roy was born in March 1958. Kezia insisted: "Barack was a good husband."

It was not long before Barack's potential was noticed by his employees and he was offered a scholarship to the US.

By the summer of 1959, he was bound for Hawaii, leaving Kezia three months pregnant with Auma.

Kezia said: "I went with him to the airport. He gave me a cuddle and I was crying.

"He said, 'Bye bye, see you later when I come back.'"

Instead, Barack Sr met Barack Jr's mother, Ann, in Honolulu. She was an 18-year-old fellow student from Kansas and within months they were united in what appears to have been a bigamist marriage.

Barack Jnr was born in August, 1961.

Two years later, Barack Snr was accepted at Harvard and left Ann and their little boy behind for the east coast.

Throughout this time he had written regularly to Kezia, even sending pictures of Ann and Barack Jr.

What he failed to tell his first wife was that he had also met a second new woman, an American teacher called Ruth.

Nor did he tell her, on his return to Kenya in 1965, that she had become his third wife.

Kezia said: "I'd moved to the family compound in Alego. When Barack got back, he came to see me and said, 'I don't have a job or a house yet. When I get settled I will come back for you.'"

But Barack Snr then lost both legs in a car crash coming back from a nightclub - and Kezia discovered the truth.

She said: "When I went to see him in the hospital I thought, 'What is that lady in there with him for?'

.................................................. .............

View the complete article, including images, referenced by 'martha555' at:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...---mother.html
        B. Steadman

Comment

Working...
        X