Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UK: Trump Goes Birther On Potential White House Hopeful; Foreign Birth Is A Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK: Trump Goes Birther On Potential White House Hopeful; Foreign Birth Is A Problem

UK Media: Trump Goes Birther On Potential White House Hopeful; Foreign Birth Is A Problem

Birther Report

12/16/2014

Excerpt:

UK Daily Mail: Donald Trump Goes Birther On Potential White House Hopeful; Foreign Birth Is A Problem

Before speaking at the Economic Club of Washington on Monday Donald Trump was asked by the U.K. Daily Mail whether he was going to run for President in 2016 and his thoughts on potential 2016 candidates.

Excerpts via Daily Mail: President Trump? 'Apprentice' star says 'there's a very substantial chance' he'll run in 2016 and slaps GOP White House hopeful Ted Cruz for being born in Canada

MailOnline asked him on Monday for his estimation of six potential presidential front-runners, including three Democrats and three fellow Republicans. [...]

'I'm a Republican but the last thing we need is another Bush,' he said, referring to former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush. 'And his position on immigration is ridiculous.'

Bush stands out among GOP 2016 hopefuls as the most friendly to Obama's executive decision to guarantee millions of illegal immigrants a deportation-free two years until he leaves office.

And Sen. Cruz might attract his own birther controversy, Trump suggested.

'Ted Cruz has a problem because he was born in Canada. He admits he was born in Canada, and I assume that's a problem,' he told MailOnline.

The Calgary-born Cruz's father began his life in Cuba and later became a U.S. citizen. His mother was born in the United States. That, say most quoted experts, is enough for Cruz to satisfy the constitutional requirement that only a 'natural born citizen' can be elected president.

Trump famously courted controversy by taking credit for Obama's belated release in 2011 of his long-form birth certificate.

'I am really honored and I am really proud, that I was able to do something that nobody else could do,' he said at the time, citing his own bush-beating with public questions about the president's heritage.

Trump later offered to donate $5 million to a charity of Obama's choosing if he would release his college and passport applications before October 2012.

He explained this year at the National Press Club that he believes the president may have falsely claimed to have been a Kenyan national in order to ease his admission to elite universities in the U.S.

Asked to think of a 'single nice thing' to say about the president during a press gaggle after his Economic Club speech, Trump shrugged.

'The one good thing you can say is that he's a good campaigner,' he said. 'But he did it fraudulently because the things he said weren't so.' [...] Continued @ Daily Mail.

.................................................. ....................

View the complete Birther Report presentation at:

http://www.birtherreport.com/2014/12...irther-on.html
    B. Steadman
Working...
X