Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016: Rand Paul, Hillary Clinton or Jeb Bush?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016: Rand Paul, Hillary Clinton or Jeb Bush?

2016: Rand Paul, Hillary Clinton or Jeb Bush?

http://www.wasobamaborninkenya.com/b...n-or-jeb-bush/

Rand Paul: Romney run is the ‘definition of insanity’

Rand Paul: Romney run is the ‘definition of insanity’

The Hill
    By Jesse Byrnes
    January 14, 2015, 02:29 pm

Excerpt:

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), a likely 2016 presidential contender, took a shot Wednesday at a possible rival, saying it was “the definition of insanity” for Mitt Romney to launch a third White House bid.

“It’s sort of what Einstein said, that the definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result,” Paul told the New Hampshire Journal.

“A couple of months ago he said that he’d had his chance and it was time for somebody new. He was probably right when he said that,” Paul added. “I think we do need somebody and something new.”

Paul told the Journal on Wednesday that Romney and Bush “occupy the same space and are competing somewhat for the same voters — people who want something that is safe, something that is sort of historical.”

“But even people who are looking for ‘safe’ realize that ‘safe’ hasn’t won in the past,” Paul said.

Read more at:

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...on-of-insanity

Comment

Conservatives shrug off Bush and Romney, remain confident in base-friendly hopefuls

Conservatives shrug off Bush and Romney, remain confident in base-friendly hopefuls

The Washington Post
      By Robert Costa
      January 14, 2016

Excerpt:

Conservative leaders this week shrugged off the sudden moves by Jeb Bush and Mitt Romney toward 2016 presidential campaigns, saying the two establishment-friendly candidates are too far out of touch with grass-roots activists to win the Republican nomination.

At the same time, potential candidates with close ties to the party’s conservative base have moved to speed up their own efforts in response.

Senior advisers to several of the potential conservative candidates said Wednesday that GOP insurgents will have to do more in 2016 than they did in previous cycles to make a serious run for the Republican nomination. Building a campaign nest egg and winning the support of mega-donors to fill the coffers of allied super PACs has become a particular priority.

Read more at:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...5b4_story.html

Comment

Romney exit jolts 2016 GOP field

The Hill
        by Jonathan Easley
        Jan. 30, 2015

Excerpt:

Mitt Romney shook up the 2016 GOP field on Friday with his announcement that he won’t be seeking the presidency for a third time.

In a call with supporters early on Friday, the 2012 nominee said it’s time to “give other leaders in the party the opportunity to become our next nominee.”

“I’ve been asked, and will certainly be asked again if there are any circumstances whatsoever that might develop that could change my mind,” Romney said. “That seems unlikely. Accordingly, I’m not organizing a PAC or taking donations and I’m not hiring a campaign team.”

Potential GOP candidates were respectful in their responses to the former Massachusetts governor’s decision, which came after a surprising three week flirtation with another run.

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush thanked Romney for his service and said he hopes his “days of serving our nation and our party are not over.” Sen. Marco Rubio said he “deeply respect[s]” Romney’s decision to “give the next generation a chance to lead.”

Romney took an apparent swipe at Bush — the son and brother of two former presidents — on his conference call. The two are among the most recognized names in the party, and Romney said he was confident that someone in the huge field of GOP contenders, likely “one who is just getting started,” would emerge to defeat the Democratic nominee.

“I believe that one of our next generation of Republican leaders, one who may not be as well known as I am today, one who has not yet taken their message across the country, one who is just getting started, may well emerge as being better able to defeat the Democrat nominee,” Romney said.

Read more at:

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...s-out-for-2016

Comment

Rand Paul slams Bush ‘hypocrisy’ on pot

The Hill
          by Alexander Bolton
          Jan. 30, 2015

Excerpt:

DALLAS — Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) accused Jeb Bush of hypocrisy after The Boston Globe reported the former Florida governor was a heavy marijuana smoker while at an elite prep school.

Bush opposed a Florida medical marijuana ballot initiative last year even though he partook liberally of the herb while in high school.

“You would think he’d have a little more understanding then,” Paul told The Hill while en route to a political event in Texas.

“He was even opposed to medical marijuana,” Paul said of Bush, a potential rival in the 2016 Republican presidential primary. “This is a guy who now admits he smoked marijuana but he wants to put people in jail who do.

“I think that’s the real hypocrisy, is that people on our side, which include a lot of people, who made mistakes growing up, admit their mistakes but now still want to put people in jail for that,” he said.

“Had he been caught at Andover, he’d have never been governor, he’d probably never have a chance to run for the presidency,” he added.

Bush told The Globe in a recent interview about his four years at Phillips Academy in Andover, one of the nation’s most prestigious prep schools, “I drank and I smoked marijuana when I was at Andover,” explaining the behavior was “pretty common.”

Paul dinged Bush for now opposing the legalization of marijuana for medical use.

The Kentucky senator has spoken extensively about the need to review the efficacy of the nation’s war on drugs and reconsider harsh prison sentences and other penalties for non-violent offenders.

“I think in politics the biggest thing, the thing that voters from any part of the spectrum hate worse than anything is hypocrisy. And hypocrisy is, ‘Hey I did it and it’s okay for me because I was rich and at an elite school but if you’re poor and black or brown and live in a poor section of one of our big cities, we’re going to put you in jail and throw away the key,’” Paul said.

Paul has hinted at using marijuana in the past.

Read more at:

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/2...pocrisy-on-pot

Comment

[VIDEO]Rand Paul on drones: “Drones should only be used according to the Constitution. But if they fly over my house, they better beware because I’ve got a shotgun.”

CNN exclusive: Snapchat Interview with Senator Rand Paul
            by Ashley Codianni
            Jan. 28, 2015

Read more, and watch video, at:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/28/politi...hat-interview/

Comment

Working...
            X