Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ITB/WTF - Jay Carney: Obama Doing Exactly What He Once Said Was Unconstitutional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ITB/WTF - Jay Carney: Obama Doing Exactly What He Once Said Was Unconstitutional

Jay Carney: Obama Doing Exactly What He Once Said Was Unconstitutional

Mediaite

Andrew Kirell
    11/21/2014

Excerpt:

According to former White House spokesman Jay Carney, President Barack Obama contradicted his own past words by suspending deportations as part of his immigration executive action.

Carney appeared during CNN’s coverage of Thursday evening’s presidential immigration speech. After viewing several clips in which the president decries the concept of executive action on immigration policy, host Anderson Cooper asked the former White House insider: “Other than his frustration, what has changed? I mean, he’s a constitution scholar. What has changed that allows him to do this?”

“I think if he could have those words back, especially the first clip where he specifically talked about suspending deportations,” Carney replied. “That is literally what he is doing today.”

The former spokesman added: “In later instances, including when I was there, he would speak carefully about what he could not do as president: He can’t change the law. He can’t provide a path to citizenship. He can’t do the things that only Congress can do. But he can, using his executive authority, do what he did tonight, which is order the agencies to exercise prosecutorial discretion.”

View the complete article, including video, at:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/jay-carne...onstitutional/
    B. Steadman
Working...
X