No announcement yet.

Obama-Dem Sen. Landrieu's Eligibility Challenged; Fails Residency Requirements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama-Dem Sen. Landrieu's Eligibility Challenged; Fails Residency Requirements

Hands Up: Obama-Dem Sen. Landrieu's Eligibility Challenged; Fails Residency Requirement

Birther Report

8/30/2014

Excerpt:

Hands Up: Obama-Democrat Senator Mary Landrieu's Eligibility Challenged; Doesn't Meet Residency Requirement

U.S. Senator for Louisiana Mary Landrieu's eligibility challenged by retired Air Force Colonel Rob Maness. Col. Maness is running for the senate seat Landrieu appears to now occupy illegally. Fear not though, Landrieu is a Democrat. Like Obama, Landrieu is above the law and does not have to follow pesky rules.

Fox News reports: Louisiana Democrat Sen. Landrieu faces more questions about her residency

A Louisiana Republican challenging Democrat Mary Landrieu for her Senate seat is expanding his efforts to prove the three-term lawmaker doesn’t live in her home state, instead using her parents’ address to qualify for the November ballot.

GOP Senate candidate Rob Maness on Friday submitted a written compliant to district attorneys in four Louisiana parishes calling on them to object to Landrieu’s residency qualifications.

The Tea Party-backed Maness formally began questioning Landrieu’s residency last week when he sent a letter about the issue to the Louisiana secretary of state.

Landrieu and her husband live in $2.5 million home on Capitol Hill, according to a statement of candidacy she filed in January with the Federal Election Commission.

However, Landrieu is registered to vote in the New Orleans home in which her parents have lived for decades, and she listed that home as her residence when registering for the ballot last week in Louisiana, according to a Washington Post review of federal, voting and property tax records filed by Landrieu.

"The Constitution, Louisiana law and common-sense says candidates for Senate have to live here when they qualify,” Maness said Friday. “All of the evidence shows that Mary Landrieu doesn't live here."

Landrieu has refuted the claim, telling Fox News: “I have lived at my home on Prieur Street most of my life and I live there now, when not fulfilling my duties in Washington or serving constituents across the state.” [...] Fox News.

NOLA reports: Rob Maness asks four Louisiana DAs to investigate Mary Landrieu's residency, but was it too late?

Orleans Parish District Attorney Leon Cannizzaro confirmed late Friday (Aug. 29) afternoon that his office received a complaint, but told NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune that he doesn't have jurisdiction in the case. Since Landrieu registered as a candidate in Baton Rouge, Cannizzaro said any objection would have to come from East Baton Rouge Parish District Attorney Hillar Moore.

Moore, however, said nothing from Maness or his campaign was delivered to his office. "I haven't received a letter. I don't even know who Rob Maness is."

The Baton Rouge district attorney's office closed at 2 p.m. Friday after Baton Rouge Mayor Kip Holden earlier announced city-parish government would shut down early heading into the Labor Day weekend. Moore said notice of the early closure was posted "for more than a week," adding his secretary did stay for "some period" beyond the 2 p.m. closing in case there was a last-minute residency claim on any elected office under his jurisdiction.

Though the seven-day window to file a candidacy objection closed at 4:30 p.m. Friday, it's unclear if a district attorney has additional time to investigate the claim and, if there's a belief the challenge has merit, file an action with the court.

Cannizzaro said any legal action with the court must be filed within the initial seven-day window. Moore, though, was less certain, saying, while he would need to research the specific law, he recalls having additional time to investigate claims and to decide if a legal challenge was warranted. [...] Continued @ NOLA.

Read the full eligibility complaint against Landrieu .... More: Breitbart. Red Alert. Washington Post.

View the complete Birther Report presentation at:

http://www.birtherreport.com/2014/08...landrieus.html
    B. Steadman
Working...
X