Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An American navy man's most SECRET and PRECIOUS possession!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An American navy man's most SECRET and PRECIOUS possession!

Quote from Chapter 33 - Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption - by Laura Hillenbrand

That afternoon, an American navy man dug through his belongings and pulled out his most secret and precious possession. It was an American flag with a remarkable provenance. In 1941, just before Singapore had fallen to the Japanese, an American missionary woman had given it to a British POW. The POW had been loaded aboard a ship, which had sunk. Two days later, another British POW had rescued the flag from where it lay underwater and slipped it to the American navy man, who had carried it through the entire war, somehow hiding it from the Japanese, until this day. The POWs pulled down the Japanese flag and ran the Stars and Stripes up the pole over Rokuroshi. The men stood before it, hands up in salutes, tears running down their faces.

Excerpts from a 4/29/2013 comment by 'Bruce' (aka bsteadman) - to the post titled, Steven Spielberg’s “Obama” (Published at the whitehouse youtube channel on April 27, 2013.), entered by Lucas Daniel Smith

I found the following statements by Spielberg, occurring between the 0.17 and 0.25 marks in the video, to be particularly interesting:

… I mean – Who is Obama really? We don’t know. We never got his transcripts and they say he’s kind of aloof. …

I really don’t consider TREASON to be joking matter, despite all the laughter and applause from the largely Versailles-Wanabe (let them eat cake) sycophantic crowd at the White House Correspondent’s Dinner!

Comment by 'Voice of Reason' - to the same, above referenced post, and immediately following the comment by 'Bruce'.

I firmly believe concepts like sarcasm and irony are lost on birthers.

Video: Unbroken: A World War II Story Of Survival Resilience and Redemption

http://youtu.be/z-b5P00CmYo
    Last edited by bsteadman; 05-01-2013, 05:18 PM.
    B. Steadman
Working...
X