Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President James Monroe and the “Natural Born Citizen” Clause -- Attorney Mario Apuzzo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• President James Monroe and the “Natural Born Citizen” Clause -- Attorney Mario Apuzzo

President James Monroe and the “Natural Born Citizen” Clause

Natural Born Citizen - A Place to Ask Questions and Get the Right Answers

Mario Apuzzo, Esq.
    4/28/2012

Excerpt:

"I received an email today regarding our fifth President, James Monroe. What struck me as being applicable today was the article that was attached to the email. The article was a little biography on President Monroe. In that article is contained a part that included President Monroe’s concern about possible usurpation in our government. Below is my reflection on this article.

Indeed, President James Monroe, in his First Inaugural Address of March 4, 1817, warned:

"What raised us to the present happy state?...The Government has been in the hands of the people. To the people, therefore...is the credit due...

It is only when the people become ignorant and corrupt, when they degenerate into a populace, that they are incapable of exercising the sovereignty.

Usurpation is then an easy attainment, and an usurper soon found. The people themselves become the willing instruments of their own debasement and ruin...

President Monroe then stated on December 7, 1824, in his 8th Annual Message:

"For these blessings we owe to Almighty God...with profound reverence, our most grateful and unceasing acknowledgments....

Having commenced my service in early youth, and continued it since with few and short intervals, I have witnessed the great difficulties to which our Union has been exposed, and admired the virtue and intelligence with which they have been surmounted...

That these blessings may be preserved and perpetuated will be the object of my fervent and unceasing prayers to the Supreme Ruler of the Universe."

View the complete article at:

http://puzo1.blogspot.com/2012/04/pr...ural-born.html
    B. Steadman
Working...
X