Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTF / ITB - Reporter Wars: My Secrecy Battles With Federal Government -- Attkisson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF / ITB - Reporter Wars: My Secrecy Battles With Federal Government -- Attkisson

Reporter Wars: My Secrecy Battles With Federal Government

Sharyl Attkisson

by sattkisson
    1/21/2017

Excerpt:

The following is an opinion article

I just filed my latest appeal to the FBI’s improper withholding of my FBI file.

You may not know it, but every American citizen–even a lowly reporter–is entitled to see his FBI file, if one exists. Under Freedom of Information (FOI) law, the government is allowed to redact bits of information from the file if it affects national security or an ongoing investigation, but the government must provide reasons for any such redactions and disclose the rest of the file. The FBI has refused to do this in my case.

The federal government routinely violates FOI law with impunity. I’m receiving assistance with this appeal from Charles Glasser, renowned media lawyer and adjunct professor of Media Ethics and Law at New York University’s Graduate School of Journalism.

You can read the Appeal below.

Glasser says he hopes that the Justice Department takes the newly-elected President’s words to heart, in that the government will work for the people, not the other way around.

“It’s impossible to believe that the DOJ refuses to provide or even acknowledge the investigative file they must have created in allowing a journalist to travel with Presidents and First Families as Sharyl has,” says Glasser. “It makes no sense at all. Every reporter should be able to see what file the government has on them. This is America, not East Germany.”

.................................................. ...........

View the complete article including links and images, at:

https://sharylattkisson.com/reporter...al-government/
    B. Steadman
Working...
X