Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sheriff Arpaio: I'm still investigating President Barack Obama's birth certificate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sheriff Arpaio: I'm still investigating President Barack Obama's birth certificate

Sheriff Joe Arpaio: I'm still investigating President Barack Obama's birth certificate

The Arizona Republic

by Richard Ruelas, azcentral.com
    9/21/2016

Excerpt:

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio on Tuesday vowed to the Surprise Tea Party Patriots, the group that five years ago petitioned him to investigate President Barack Obama’s birth certificate, that he was continuing the inquiry.

“I’m not going to give up, and we’re looking into it,” he said. “I don’t know how it’s going to turn out.”

For Arpaio, last week’s statement by Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump that Obama was born in this country had no weight on his volunteer posse's work.

“I don’t care where he’s from,” Arpaio told the crowd of about 200. “We are looking at a forged document. Period.”

Arpaio started his investigation in August 2011, months after Trump raised the issue. In April of that year, Obama held a news conference and posted an image of his birth certificate on the White House website.

“I had nothing to do with Trump on the birth certificate,” Arpaio told the crowd. “We did it on our own, because of you guys.”

The Surprise Tea Party asked Arpaio to investigate the birth certificate in a letter dated Aug. 20, 2011.

“They’re the ones that got me stuck in this thing,” Arpaio said in a brief interview before walking into the meeting room in the Sun City West Foundation Plaza.

Arpaio received the letter three days after Jerome Corsi, an author and reporter for World Net Daily, spoke to the Surprise Tea Party about his doubts on Obama’s birth records.

On that day, according to a copy of the letter sent to Arpaio, the group gathered 242 signatures on a petition asking Arpaio to investigate whether Obama’s birth certificate was a forgery.

Arpaio began the investigation that week. It has continued since.

View the complete article, including images and video, at:

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/...cate/90743412/
    B. Steadman
Working...
X