Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eric Clapton recorded his last album in pain because of skin condition -- Express

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eric Clapton recorded his last album in pain because of skin condition -- Express

Eric Clapton recorded his last album in pain because of skin condition

ERIC Clapton has told how playing every note and chord on his latest album became “sheer agony” after he was struck down by a debilitating skin condition.

Express

by Mike Parker in Los Angeles
    5/29/2016

Excerpt:

Fans of the guitar hero have been baffled by an image on the sleeve of I Still Do, released nine days ago, of one of his hands swathed in a bandage with only his fingertips peeping out.

Clapton, 71, said: “I got eczema all over my body and it went into my hands during the first week of recording. It was a nightmare.

“For the entire sessions, I ended up working with mittens on. My arms and hands were covered by bandages and plasters too, so it was difficult.

“I ended up playing a lot of slide guitar on the album and that’s why. It was less painful.”

Clapton said he had “no idea” what might have caused the severe eruptions all over his body, adding: “I started thinking that it was psycho somatic, that maybe I was nervous. Maybe I was. Who knows?”

He insisted that he was determined to complete the album rather than succumb to his mysterious dermatitis because the project marked his reunion with record producer Glyn Johns almost 40 years after they last collaborated on his 1977 classic Slowhand.

View the complete article, including images and links to related articles, at:

http://www.express.co.uk/celebrity-n...skin-condition
    B. Steadman
Working...
X