• Show
Clear All

• What Did Savannah Guthrie Really See? -- American Thinker, Nick Chase

What Did Savannah Guthrie Really See?

American Thinker

by Nick Chase
    6/11/2012

Excerpt:

Now that it's been established that Barack Obama's long-form "birth certificate" originated as a digitally created forgery, we are left to ponder: how was the paper certificate of which NBC News reporter Savannah Guthrie took pictures created?

A reasonable assumption would be that the forgery was created in Hawaii by conspirators, or, possibly without the president's knowledge, by pranksters in the Hawaii Department of Health, or as a Republican dirty trick designed to blow up a week or two before the November elections -- then the printed image was copied onto real security paper and embossed with a real seal before being sent by courier to the White House.

Another reasonable assumption would be that the digital fake was created by the White House, then electronically sent to Hawaii for the creation of the paper document by complicit Hawaiian officials.

But is this really what happened? Let's review what we know:

On October 31, 2008, Dr. Chiyome Fukino, then director of the Hawaii Department of Health, issued a statement including the following: "I as Director of Health for the State of Hawai'i, along with the Registrar of Vital Statistics who has statutory authority to oversee and maintain these type of vital records, have personally seen and verified that the Hawai'i State Department of Health has Sen. Obama's original birth certificate on record in accordance with state policies and procedures."

She reiterated this information with a statement released on July 27, 2009, adding that she had "seen the original vital records maintained on file by the Hawai'i State Department of Health verifying Barack Hussein Obama was born in Hawai'i and is a natural-born American." (One can disagree on legal grounds with the additional qualifier of natural-born, but let's agree that her statement identifies Obama as native-born.)

In a telephone interview with NBC reporter Michael Isikoff about which Isikoff wrote on April 11, 2011, Dr. Fukino told Isikoff (in Isikoff's words here) that "the original so-called 'long form' birth certificate -- described by Hawaiian officials as a 'record of live birth' -- absolutely exists, located in a bound volume in a file cabinet on the first floor of the state Department of Health. Fukino said she has personally inspected it -- twice. The first time was in late October 2008 -- taking with her the state official in charge of vital records. She found the original birth record, properly numbered, half typed and half handwritten, and signed by the doctor who delivered Obama, located in the files. She then put out a public statement asserting to the document's validity. She later put out another public statement in July 2009 - after reviewing the original birth record a second time."

On April 25, 2011, current director Loretta J. Fuddy of the Hawaii Department of Health wrote to the president, "Enclosed, please find two copies of your original Certificate of Live Birth. I have witnessed the copying of the certificate and attest to the authenticity of these copies."

Neither official has at any time identified the digital PDF released by the White House as being identical in appearance or containing information identical to the Obama birth certificate on file in the bound volume at the Hawaii Department of Health. They are prohibited by Hawaii state law from doing so.

It seems we have two choices here: to believe that (A) the two Hawaii officials are liars and knowingly acquiesced in the copying of a forged "birth certificate" and the issuing of certified copies as genuine documents; or (B) they are telling the truth, and Dr. Fuddy did indeed hand over two certified copies of Obama's genuine long-form birth certificate to Judith L. Corley of Perkins Coie, the president's personal lawyer, for delivery to the White House. I am inclined to believe (B).

We also know that the White House released the "birth certificate" forgery in two different forms. The first was released to the White House press corps on the morning of April 27, 2011 in their press packets as black-and-white copies of a printout of the digital forgery showing a white background -- that is, with no security-paper background present except at the very left of the certificate image, where the image had been darkened to simulate the bending of a page in a book. It was one of these copies that was later computer-scanned by the Associated Press and released worldwide.

.................................................. ..................................

View the complete article at:

http://www.americanthinker.com/artic...eally_see.html
    B. Steadman
Working...
X